UNIQUE DES 69

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

DHMG

UNIQUE DES 69

Post by DHMG »

Anyone shooting a Unique DES 69? These are extremely accurate and seem to perform well with a variety of ammunition.

Dr. Jim

Re: UNIQUE DES 69

Post by Dr. Jim »

Yes they are. My 69 has been my main gun since 1976. It has been joined by a 69U and a 32U which are my 2700 base pair, while the old 69 is my ISSF pistol. I notice you have the red-dot set way back, mine are forward. Since the 69 ejects straight upward, do you have any problem with cases bouncing back into the breech?

Cheers Dr Jim
DHMG

Post by DHMG »

So far, the spent casings seem to be deflecting away from a potential stove pipe issue. You can definitely see where they impact the Matchdot. Did you have that experience on your pistol?
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

I'd been using the 69for twenty years before I put a scope on it, so I was very familiar with the ejection pattern. I built several mounts over the years since but always kept the dot over the barrel with the rear even with the breech, and never had any problems. The scope and mount are a bit heavier than the originals but again I have no problem with the balance or weight.
I don't have a picture of the guns installed on Photobucket, but I'll put one up after we are back from Hawaii in a couple of weeks.

Cheers Jim
Hamdenman

Post by Hamdenman »

I also use my 69 for Bullseye. I shot my first clean target with it at the Tennesee state match 2 yrs ago. I love it. I've tried several others, HS, S&W 41, GSP, Benelli and Marvel but keep coming back to the Unique. Even found a mag in an old gunstore on vacation in Paris. Should have seen the look on the old gentleman s face when I walked in and asked!