1911 grips for Xesse

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ttgoods

1911 grips for Xesse

Post by Ttgoods »

Interesting idea any have any experience with them?
Sa-tevo

Re: 1911 grips for Xesse

Post by Sa-tevo »

Why yes, I do. After having my Springfield Armory Range Officer set up for me, I liked it so much I copied it for my X-esse. Rather than use wood adapters, I chose metal ones.

Here's the recipe:

CM-Machine Trailside Straight Back Frame Adapter
http://www.cm-machine.com/Straight-Back ... _p_65.html

Hogue Matt Black Anodized Aluminum Grips
http://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/ ... dized/4690

3M Grip tape - tread/traction tape from hardware store.

The CM-Machine adapters have pads inside the adapter to allow fitting to the specific X-esse's frame. You need to carefully file and fit the adapters. They come with checkered Herrett stocks, but I copied the X-esse cut-outs in the Herretts to the Hogue Aluminum grips to fit on the adapter and allow the X-esse slide stop, disconnector and magazine release to work. The Aluminum grips were used as a smooth platform for grip tape. Grip tape is applied to the grips and trimmed, and to the front and back straps of the adapter.

With a heavy front weight mounted and the Larry's Guns Inc trigger kit it is a reliable and easy to shoot pistol for me.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

I use the 1911 grips on my Hammerli 208. I absolutely love them. Way easier to be consistent with than the Orthopedic grips. It has nothing to do with because I shoot a 1911 .45, it's because I can squeeze it the same way every time. I own custom made for me grips that I had Cesar Morini make for me. They are perfect, but i don't have them for the 208. If orthopedic grips don't fit correctly y hey are a detriment to good shooting.
Jon
Ttgoods

Post by Ttgoods »

The Xesse grips make my forearms hurt as shooting a 45ACP with rink grips made it hurt. Did the 1911 grips on the xesse help with that?
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

Grip should not cause forearm pain. Sounds like you have tendonitis. Shooting will aggrevate it. Sometimes even the .22 will.