Weight compared LPM, FWB100, IZH46M, LP-@, LP2, LP10, FW103

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David W. Johnson

Weight compared LPM, FWB100, IZH46M, LP-@, LP2, LP10, FW103

Post by David W. Johnson »

Because I have them all and thought to compare them.

Thought someone might find it interesting.

David
Attachments
Glamor shot!
Glamor shot!
My sweetheart LP-@ is only 1041 grams with the weight bar and one weight.
My sweetheart LP-@ is only 1041 grams with the weight bar and one weight.
IZH-46M has a little of the stock grip removed, but is otherwise stock at 1156 grams.
IZH-46M has a little of the stock grip removed, but is otherwise stock at 1156 grams.
FWB100 is a hefty 1160, but includes some instamorph I added to the grip.
FWB100 is a hefty 1160, but includes some instamorph I added to the grip.
LPM-1 is 1118 grams.  No extra weight.  Stock.
LPM-1 is 1118 grams. No extra weight. Stock.
Last edited by David W. Johnson on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Re: Weight comparison - LPM, FWB100, IZH46M, LP-@

Post by David Levene »

Makes me wonder whether anyone has an ISSF Air Pistol approaching anywhere near the 1500g weight limit.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Wow, Wow, Wow !!

How do they compete against each other? What are their shooting idiosyncrasies?
David W. Johnson

I'm not sure how qualified I am to evaluate them, but I'll try to sit down and compare features.

David
Afsocwx

Post by Afsocwx »

Very nice collection. I know how the IZH 46m balances, but wonder how the others balance in comparison? Are they all muzzle heavy?
David W. Johnson

The IZH and FWB are muzzle heavy. I moved away from the IZH because the grip does not have enough angle for me to lock out my wrist. The FWB is adjustable and helped. The LPM is still a bit muzzle heavy, but not as bad. The LP-@ is not at all.

David
David W. Johnson

I took the weight off the LP-@ and weighed it today. 960 grams.

David
tinky

Post by tinky »

David

The grip angle on the FWB and LPM1 looks more pronounced than the other two in the first picture.Is the front end weight affected by this grip and the "locked wrist"position?Both of the before mentioned pistols would suit me better than the LP@ or 46M.I have a difficult time shooting the military grip angle pistols;can't seem to keep the side wiggle corralled without locking my wrist.Anxious to meet Fannie.

Bill
David W. Johnson

I bought Fannie primarily for the steeper angle on the grip. It is adjustable. It is at the greatest angle allowed by the mechanism in this picture. The IZH angle is too close to 90 degrees for me. I had the same problem you are describing. The LPM is also good with the angle. I love my Annie (Anschutz LP-@) but wish I could get just a bit more angle out of the handle. When I got it perfect, it threw my sights off. I finally realized that I had adjusted the grip until the wood was pressing up on the bottom of the rear sight and had to adjust it back. If I could find another grip, I would be willing to remove wood to make it work out, but I hate modifying a perfectly good grip.

David
Rover

Post by Rover »

"I would be willing to remove wood to make it work out, but I hate modifying a perfectly good grip."

We all have problems that confound our daily lives.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

David W. Johnson wrote:If I could find another grip, I would be willing to remove wood to make it work out, but I hate modifying a perfectly good grip.
If it needs wood removing then it's not a "perfectly good grip". If it doesn't fit you then it's a bad grip.
rmca

Post by rmca »

David W. Johnson wrote: I love my Annie (Anschutz LP-@) but wish I could get just a bit more angle out of the handle. When I got it perfect, it threw my sights off. I finally realized that I had adjusted the grip until the wood was pressing up on the bottom of the rear sight and had to adjust it back.
You just need longer screws. So that the gun "sits" higher in the grip and the back does not touch the sights. They are simple counter sunk screw M3x8 (Part 26). That is a 3 mm diameter and 8 mm long. Just get longer ones.

Hope this helps
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

longer screws will do the trick but since grip was not designed with such extreme rake one should always check that barrel axis stay above grip curve
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

ghostrip wrote:longer screws will do the trick but since grip was not designed with such extreme rake one should always check that barrel axis stay above grip curve
Under ISSF rules that is only a requirement for 25m Pistols.
David W. Johnson

Thanks for the comments.

Rover, thanks for the chuckle. Great perspective.

David, I stand corrected on my definition of 'perfectly good grip'. You are correct.

I'll see if I can get the screws from Anschutz. They list lots of parts on egun.de and I have purchased several things directly from them.

All of the advice is much appreciated.

David
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

David Levene wrote:
ghostrip wrote:longer screws will do the trick but since grip was not designed with such extreme rake one should always check that barrel axis stay above grip curve
Under ISSF rules that is only a requirement for 25m Pistols.
david thanks for pointing out. for some reason i thought the rule applied also to 10m air pistol.
And this makes me wonder. If there is no limit to how high the grip can be why manufacturers
don't make use of it and make air pistols a bit like free pistols ?

edit : just remembered the only air pistol that had such low barrel axis was the late fas 606
rmca

Post by rmca »

The main reason for a low bore is so that recoil goes more straight into your arm, instead of making the gun pivot and the muzzle rize.

You have so little recoil in air pistol that it doesn't make much difference.
A very steep angle on the grip doesn't necessarily help you... it depends on the shooter.

Hope this helps
David W. Johnson

Got an LP2 Compact for the wife. 807 with cylinder. 650 without. Very light and feels lighter because of the shorter cylinder and barrel giving less leverage to the muzzle.
Attachments
2015-01-19 17.34.36 (1024x768).jpg
william

Post by william »

"807 with cylinder. 650 without."

Pardon the snark (digested too many of Rover's posts) - is there a more useless number than the weight of an air gun without cylinder?
David W. Johnson

Eh. Maybe not. I just find the difference between the weight of the cylinders of passing interest. I also wondered if the advertised weight and what my scale said would match up. One of the statistics I found when researching this pistol was the weight without cylinder. Once site cited it as the lightest of match pistols.

Then, there's the possibility of placing a short cylinder on a full sized gun for the difference in weight and balance.

Like I said, the whole thing is just in case anyone has an interest.

By the way...it shoots 10s just fine. Significantly louder than my LP-@ and a slight muzzle flip, but still fun and accurate.

David