FP60

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

FP60

Post by conradin »

Can anyone tell me what is the exact BRAND of the FP60 free pistol? Hammerli? Walther? Walther-Hammerli? Does anyone own one and what name is stamped on it? I am talking about the German made ones, not the Swiss made.

I do think that to brand it Walther is a bad marketing idea..it seems to me that Hammerli is now used as a brand for cheap products or for beginners or kids. Pretty sad.
slofyr

Re: FP60

Post by slofyr »

conradin wrote:Can anyone tell me what is the exact BRAND of the FP60 free pistol?.....
You would enjoy it.

The way I prefer it.
joel

Post by joel »

I believe that some, maybe early ones, were made by Hammerli in Switzerland. I would personally want that one.

Joel
cnnhead

Post by cnnhead »

conradin wrote:Can anyone tell me what is the exact BRAND of the FP60 free pistol? Hammerli? Walther? Walther-Hammerli?
Does it really matter? Hammerli is now a part of Umarex, like Walther, a brand rather than a company anymore. Whole production has been moved to Germany.
Is the German version better or worse than its Swiss predecessor? In my opinion, neither. The design is still the same and the German quality is unquestionable. The only German innovation is the new "compensator" (which can be easily replaced by the old one - see the attached picture).
fp60.jpg
conradin wrote:Does anyone own one and what name is stamped on it? I am talking about the German made ones, not the Swiss made.
Yes, I own a German edition. And the stamping is exactly like in the picture sent by slofyr.
fp60_1.jpg
conradin

Post by conradin »

It is a very elegant design. I am just surprised that for those who still want to shoot mechanical trigger, they still stick with Toz-35 which sooner or later will run out of parts, as opposed to the Hammerli FP60 "by Walther". The FP60 has been having very good results lately, once Pang Wei also started using it. I think the Toz-35 is numbered. It has not won anything major for quite awhile now.
william

Post by william »

conradin wrote:It is a very elegant design. I am just surprised that for those who still want to shoot mechanical trigger, they still stick with Toz-35 which sooner or later will run out of parts, as opposed to the Hammerli FP60 "by Walther". The FP60 has been having very good results lately, once Pang Wei also started using it. I think the Toz-35 is numbered. It has not won anything major for quite awhile now.
Oh, puh-leeze! If you're worried about parts availability, buy a second pistol (or even a third). They're cheap enough if you don't care about looks, and I wouldn't be surprised if Umarex runs out of FP60 parts before you run out of TOZ parts.

And who really cares about whether the TOZ has won any major events recently? It's the same old silly desire to shoot whatever the big dog does.
Rover

Post by Rover »

We're all waiting for YOU to hit the big-time with a TOZ, Conradin.

The parts that go first on a TOZ are the springs; they are crap. I make my own replacements from paper clips or shortened S&W trigger return springs. Way better than OEM!
william

Post by william »

By the way, Vince, if you think the days of the TOZ are numbered maybe you ought to count up the Hämmerli FP offerings since the TOZ35's appearance. Reminds one of all the US presidents who have come and gone while the Castros are still snug in their beds in Havana.
David M

Post by David M »

william wrote:By the way, Vince, if you think the days of the TOZ are numbered maybe you ought to count up the Hämmerli FP offerings since the TOZ35's appearance. Reminds one of all the US presidents who have come and gone while the Castros are still snug in their beds in Havana.
Hummm.....I wonder if Castro shoots a TOZ ?
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Castro shoots an obsolete design. M1911A1.

Image Image
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

SamEEE wrote:
Castro shoots an obsolete design. M1911A1.
The U.S. military has listed the M1911A1 as obsolete ONLY because it is no longer standard issue. The basic design of John Moses Browning has changed very little throughout its production life and is still used and trusted by millions of people around the world...
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

I guess when the guy with the longest signature line on the list speaks, we better listen. On the other hand, Larry's Guns seems to have amassed quite a collection of TOZ parts and I believe our host can also provide support for anyone that wants to muddle along with such outdated technology. As Rover mentioned, most breakable parts can be fabricated with forge level technology and a good file. Personally, I've never had anything break. Yea, it may not be taking the the highest levels anymore, but its still shot a LOT. Gotta remember, total cost versus total benefit. Thank you.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Yeah Larry has amassed lots of TOZ parts by raiding the parts boxes on all the ones he sells--"oh they don't pack them anymore", BS. BTW, I notice that Conradin has now listed all of his toys as E, aren't you just the one?..... "Doc"
renzo

Post by renzo »

Bob-Riegl wrote:Yeah Larry has amassed lots of TOZ parts by raiding the parts boxes on all the ones he sells--"oh they don't pack them anymore", BS. BTW, I notice that Conradin has now listed all of his toys as E, aren't you just the one?..... "Doc"
Not always his fault......................

Have you ever tried to get yourself a mechanical CM-84?
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

The only time i've been let down by a TOZ was when a 45 year old spring broke. 3 minute job to replace it.

The sear spring is probably the weakest part of the design. As Rover mentioned some folks have success fabricating replacements out of paperclips.
I have also been told that a bulldog clip, if the right sized one, will sweep the appropriate profile that the sear spring does.
So another avenue for fixing obsolete equipment!

Rover, which particular return spring did you replace the firing spring with? How many loops did you trim it?
Image Image
morten

Post by morten »

I guess Pang Wei was the only one shooting FP60 in the last world championship :-)

I'll keep my TOZ for some more decades :-)
conradin

Post by conradin »

I don't need a TOZ, I have a Hammerli 100. Why use a copy when I have an original with plenty of parts I have collected for the past two years?
conradin

Post by conradin »

morten wrote:I guess Pang Wei was the only one shooting FP60 in the last world championship :-)

I'll keep my TOZ for some more decades :-)
Isakov. The point is Pang finished third. Things in general started quietly. Walther made a mistake by only "sponsoring" German shooters.
j-team

Post by j-team »

conradin wrote:I don't need a TOZ, I have a Hammerli 100. Why use a copy when I have an original with plenty of parts I have collected for the past two years?
Just because the Toz 35 loading lever is in the same place as Hammerli 100 series doesn't make it a copy. Have you ever looked inside at how they work? I think not.
william

Post by william »

j-team wrote:
conradin wrote:I don't need a TOZ, I have a Hammerli 100. Why use a copy when I have an original with plenty of parts I have collected for the past two years?
Just because the Toz 35 loading lever is in the same place as Hammerli 100 series doesn't make it a copy. Have you ever looked inside at how they work? I think not.
Look inside to see how it works - wouldn't that be a novel approach for the guy whose posts provide us so much amusement!