Steyr LP10 Sear Adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rmca

Steyr LP10 Sear Adjustment

Post by rmca »

Has anyone adjusted this?
Did it help?

Thanks
Attachments
LP10 Sear Adjustment.JPG
dronning

Re: Steyr LP10 Sear Adjustment

Post by dronning »

I have gotten all the adjustment that I have ever needed from the screws you are suppose to adjust. The Steyr videos are quite good.

Looks like a great way to "screw" up your trigger LOL!

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Rover

Post by Rover »

Of course I did!

Yes it helped.

You can always put it back.
j-team

Post by j-team »

I've adjusted them too.

But, don't be tempted to try for a sear engagement that is too fine.
montster

Post by montster »

I made the mistake of trying out/exploring all the adjustments on a LP5. I discovered the sear is a very fine/fickle adjustment. The videos helped but it took the help of our host's gunsmith (Buck) to get my pistol reliably working again. Be careful or maybe better said don't mess with sear engagement. I went through a lot of frustration. I can normally work my way through these things.
therider

Post by therider »

I do not understand why it should be categorically forbidden to adjust the sear engagement.

The pardini k12 which I was trying at the end of May, after a few hundreds shots (it was brand new) was not engaging any more. I just turned a 1/4 of round the sear engagement and had again that great fine trigger.

Why does steyr forbid it?

By the way , regarding sear engagement, i made a test at my local dealer. I hit with my hand the bottom of the grip of 3-4 lp10 and a couple of other pistols (one of them was a lp400). The hit made all of them release (no Diabolo inside)!

Does anybody else have similar experience? I find this extremely dangerous. My Mgh1 and Lp10e does not do that
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

therider wrote:The pardini k12 which I was trying at the end of May, after a few hundreds shots (it was brand new) was not engaging any more. I just turned a 1/4 of round the sear engagement and had again that great fine trigger.
I wonder if all Pardini's have that issue? I had a new K10 require the same action after I put about half a tin through it. Just 2 days before I left for Winter Airgun Nationals it suddenly stopped firing on me! Thankfully the guys at PadiniUSA answered the phone on he weekend and talked me through the adjustment.

-= Jab
v76

Post by v76 »

If it shoots fine, I'd leave it alone - but I'll join Rover in saying that if you feel you need to do it to "help", it may just do it for you, albeit temporarily.
therider

Post by therider »

A guy who trains in my club, and is junior world champion, has the finest trigger set up with his lp10. When I tried it two weeks ago I thought that the trigger was nearly as good as that of Pardini K12 (just nearly).
When I see him again (it will be next week), I'll ask him if he has fiddled around with the sear engagement screw. I am quite sure that he has, if I recall what he was telling me, but I"ll ask specifically again.
I will also make my empirical "self-release" test, by hitting the grip with my hand.
I"ll update as soon as I know
scausi

Post by scausi »

rmca wrote:Has anyone adjusted this?
Did it help?

Thanks
Did it help what ??
why would you want to. leave well alone
rmca

Post by rmca »

Thanks to all that answered!

I´ve finally gave in and adjusted it.
The main reason for this was that I was feeling an increase in weight at the end, just before the shot breaks. Almost like pushing against a wall.
This is despite the fact that I have around 370g on the first stage. I like a heavy first and a light second stage.
I should not had worried about this. Quite simple adjustment, just an 1/8 of a turn, and the trigger release is much smoother now.
I did had to increase the weight of the first stage to compensate the loss on the second and maintain the 510g I had on the trigger.

therider
Every time I work on a trigger, I always perform that "bump test". No matter what type of gun. It's a good practice.
If you have the chance I would appreciated more details on that trigger set up.

Thanks again.
Rover

Post by Rover »

See...a few minutes, a bold heart, and a few Sagres....everything turns out all right.
therider

Post by therider »

Just smiling at recalling the same comment made by one of the technicians of Pardini, in Tuscany, and by the guy servicing Steyr at the world cups:
"...having to repair pistols of those customer who play around with trigger settings and making extreme settings"
:-)