What pellets. do you use for 10M air pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Re: What pellets. do you use for 10M air pistol?

Post by David Levene »

renzo wrote:Never seen one, except in the same manual you quoted.

Are there any measurements to follow when building one to use in matches, should the need of its use arise?
The closest I've seen was made out of an old 1 litre paint tin.

My range bag obviously has a knitting needle which will be fine for unloading most air pistols. Luckily I've never has occasion to unload a Matchguns MGH1; the knitting needle couldn't do that one.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You could just stick your mouth over the muzzle and blow out the pellet. Think of the hours saved memorizing the rules, not to mention Granny wandering around saying, "Where the hell did I leave my knitting needles?"
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:...Ah, the famous PDC, as annex A of the training manual for pistol range officials
Aha! A complicated solution to a non-existent problem.

Why turn a simple authorisation to fire into the pellet trap (Hey! It is DESIGNED to take pellets) into a complicated process to disturb the other shooters?
David W. Johnson

Post by David W. Johnson »

I have a couple of pieces of bright orange, heavy plastic weed whacker line in my gun case. I use them to push cleaning pellets through on the rare occasion that I clean the bore. I've also used them to push nerf bullets out of the 6 year old's guns. I'm sure they would push out a pellet and don't run any risk of scratching the bore.

I've also considered testing pellets to see which my guns prefer. I've always ended up reminding myself that they are all more accurate than I am, so it doesn't really matter.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, why offer a reasonable, cheap solution to a problem that that so many here enjoy getting their knickers in a twist over?

Your second point, on the other hand, is a triumph of reason, but the knickers out there are still twisted.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Spencer wrote: Aha! A complicated solution to a non-existent problem.

Why turn a simple authorisation to fire into the pellet trap (Hey! It is DESIGNED to take pellets) into a complicated process to disturb the other shooters?
What about when on an EST range?
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

j-team wrote:
Spencer wrote: Aha! A complicated solution to a non-existent problem.

What about when on an EST range?
Even easier:
- a jury member authorises the shot,
- warn the control room personnel (otherwise they can get very excitable)
- the shooter's target switched to sighters at the printer table,
- shooter fires shot,
- shooter's target switched to competition,
- complete IR form
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Back on the topic of pellets, I just discovered the RWS "Basic" pellets now come in a tin that is about 2 mm thicker than the old style. As a result, you can't use them with the nice plastic lid clamps that keep them from spilling during transport. This also presumably means the pellets are free to shift around inside the can, which might help keep them from getting deformed in shipping. The old tins were packed pretty tight, so if the tin got dented, so did the pellets.

I don't have any easy way of checking, but I assume all the RWS pellet tins are the newer thicker style. I wonder if someone will come out with a new plastic "keeper" for the thicker cans.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Im shooting Vogel Orange and Vogel Match.... 777 Daisy. Wedding present from my wife 28 years ago......
David W. Johnson

Post by David W. Johnson »

It's clear why you married her.