Pardini 45 questions & trouble shooting.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Pyroman

Pardini 45 questions & trouble shooting.

Post by Pyroman »

Hello.
I have a .45 Pardini, but the frame says "Mod. P.C.45S". Is this just a different name for a GT 45? From Pardini USA, I bought a scope mount for it, and it fits fine. Also a Rink grip; it fit the pistol fine, but I had to remove some wood around the slide latch, to get it to work.

My problem: Occasionally, like 1 in 15 shots (though it seems to accelerate to 1 in 4 towards the end of the match) I get a situation where the trigger pull increases to ridiculous levels. So much so that I check to see it I've somehow engaged the safety. I CAN pull through it, but the shot suffers. It really feels like I'm breaking something when I do it. I can't ever seem to reproduce this in dry-firing. Also, some of my fired primers have the firing pin strike very much off-centre.

Can anyone chime in with some comments?
Thanks.
Shane
Murph

Post by Murph »

If the GT45 does not go all the way into battery, the trigger should not pull. Maybe if the round is not seated all the way in (mine does this with Federal GM45b) it just quite doesn't go all the way into battery. If it's out just a bit, right on the line of where it locks out the trigger, maybe that's where the fight is. If it does it again, an easy way to see if that's your problem, would be to stop squeezing, push the back of the slide to see if it's all the way in, and re squeeze. If it was being slightly out, just a tiny but, they may also explain the unique looking strike on the primer.

My GT does not like SWC or WC shaped bullets. It's a 2013 model and only likes Nosler and Zero JHP 185's. I haven't experimented any more with anything else but will again after Camp Perry.

I am no gun smith, just a fan of Pardini guns. I shoot the GT45 on a weekly basis. My favorite 45. Just thought I'd offer a guess and maybe generate some thought on the subject. Like many, once you sort this out, you will no doubt love it. They are such a well made and accurate gun with a great trigger.

Best of luck with your issue. Please post when you figure it out.
Pyroman

Post by Pyroman »

Thanks Murph.
I initially thought that it might be a slightly out of battery situation. I tapped on the back of the slide and nothing moved and the trigger pull was still stuck. I've tried dry-firing & trying to see manually if the slide is out of battery and causing the feeling: the heaviness did not come in, but I can actually drop the hammer on a fairly out of battery slide.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Gort

Post by Gort »

Pyroman, See if the screw retaining the safety is loose, this may cause the problem.
Gort
FredB

just in case

Post by FredB »

Just in case you haven't checked, try backing off the trigger stop adjustment about 1/4 turn.
Pyroman

Post by Pyroman »

Okay, so just a little update on my 45 with the sudden hard trigger pull. Indeed, I did just tweak the adjustment screw in front of the trigger. How much and what direction? I just don't know. I turned it one direction and the trigger felt way too light, so I moved it back. I haven't had the trigger pull problem in 3 matches plus a week of Camp Perry, so I'd have to call the issue resolved. Now I'm off to the Canadian championships!
Fabian

Gt 45

Post by Fabian »

i had the exactly same problem for a while, simple solution was to always load a dummy round first in the magazine. i don't know the mechanics or the real effect that has on the way the gun operates, only that it is a quick and efficient way of solving the issue.