Why Can't I Buy a Steyr LP10 Long?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

pilkguns wrote:shaky, My first thoughts were that yes, sure you can do that, and while you are not my intended user of the programs, it’s a risk I take. But the more I have thought about it all, technically, based on what you’ve said about your scores, you are the exactly the competitor who should be getting the long, under the provisions I have specified on my webpage. Ie, Arnie V and John Z as coaches vouching for you is more than good enough for me.

mark e, After your last posting , I searched out your email, and said "Aha, that sounds familiar" and then I went digging through some emails on another computer. I found emails from February of 2013, wherein you were writing directly to Steyr, with an imagined problem of me not getting you a Steyr , and encouraging Steyr to turn their pistols sales in the US over to another airgun dealer who happens to live near you. This was TEN MONTHS before I implemented the long sales program and nothing was said about you being hung up on in those emails, so your recent statements in this thread are pretty suspicious to me…..

Soooooooooo, My conclusions that you ARE a troll AND a liar have been confirmed.

Just calling it how I see it.
I suspect you'll be losing sales to suppliers of other brands. If that's acceptable to you as a businessman, so be it. What is the manufacturer's position on your new sales policy? I don't think FWB will be limiting initial sales to P-11s. Same goes for Pardini, Benelli, and others. Personally, I think your policy is illogical and less than cogent---but then I have a Kite from Larry's and would likely not be in the market for a Styer product from you anyway. Any plans to limit Styer rifle models at the upper end to only experienced competitors. ;-)
conradin

Post by conradin »

Scott, is CC a distributor from Steyr, or a retail that you distribute to them? As for the gentleman in Texas ISS, what do you mean by "grey market"? All three of you provide good services, and as far as I know, all three are the only one who sell LP10 long barrels. Interestingly ISS has their shipment similar to your shipment I am not sure why, I never poke at someone else' business.
Last edited by conradin on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mark e

Post by mark e »

yes, I did contact Steyr and asked if they could ship One to the dealer near me ( how convenient for me if they would have) because the only place I could find one was in Canada and they would not ship to the US. I TOLD Steyr I WOULD BUY ONE FROM ANYWHWEW I COULD.. CC had none in stock at the time and said that they had no idea when they would come in.
when they did get them in several months later that is where I got it

You calling me a TROLL because I buy stuff from a local Airgun shop means that all of us that walk into a store even yours to buy something are TROLLS
I also buy stuff from AOA, Gander mountain, Cabela's, Bass pro shopas well as others

I apologized to you on the off hand chance that the person I was lead to believe was you might not have been and I am in the wrong.

that is all I can do, if you feel that this is not enough remove me from the forum.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Mark E, I know about privacy, but perhaps if you reveal yourself somewhat to us that would make your story more believable. Most of us actually know each other's real name. Of course on the forum we tend not to reveal it without consent.

I put my real name down for the purpose of pink pistols.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Scott, perhaps you should include anyone who can shoot a decent FP scores.

I don't know what does it mean by "small PTO". Some of our PTO here only has 6 people participate, while others we have over 20, usually the state championship. I find all PTO organizers in my area are all people with integrity. They may not be perfect, but they are fair. Instead of what one suspect of inflating scores, a lot of times people throw away the scores so as to not affect their averages. Scores are often checked three times. Scored by another competitor, then confirmed by the competitor, and then checked and confirmed by the organizer. Sometimes it even take a fourth person if a hit is not very clear, and require an extra person to make a judgement. I use the eagle eye, but others use plugs, the latter of course, once you use it, there is no turning back.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

pilkguns wrote: Many of those new comers, came from a shooting background already, most of them are Bullseye competitors. And numerous discussions over the years point to the longer barrel being the culprit. After much thought and discussion with knowledgeable individuals, I decided it was worth a try.

Someone mentioned Don Nygord’s World Championship win. That is a very solid part of my conclusion. Don was a very experienced shooter at the time. Far better than most of us ever will be. Yet he chose to switch from the long barrel Model 65 to a short version, and become the world champion with the short barreled Mark II. That should cause a lot of you naysayers to sit back and think.
I've been trying to figure out why this might be so. My suspicions are as follows:

1. Most AP shooters are coming in from Bullseye - and the only time a BE shooter uses iron sights is to shoot CMP events...meaning a 1911 or some other pistol with a 6-7 inch sight radius. And they have problems with a really long sight radius.

2. A shorter sight radius puts the front and rear sight on a closer focal plane to each other. Making it easier to see both sharply.

3. "Chicken finger" issues. A shorter sight radius minimized the small angular errors, encouraging a smooth trigger release.

I can see both sides of the argument. And I don't have a dog in this fight...not only do I have a full-length LP-10, my background is not BE, but black powder. I grew up shooting a Remington 1858 revolver with a 10-inch sight radius, not a 1911.

And I might take the LP-10, move the front sight back and rear sight forward, and see what happens. Just as an experiment.
conradin

Post by conradin »

mark e wrote: the only place I could find one was in Canada and they would not ship to the US.
OK, Nick of Cibles has no problems selling the LP10E to the US, and even give the 1 year warranty. So I don't know WHICH Canadian shop you are talking to. I smell fish...