46M slide bar help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
toddinjax

46M slide bar help

Post by toddinjax »

Damn it to Hell!
The slide bar just fell off my 46M…wtf? This happened in the first few weeks of owning this pistol and Air Venturi was great about fixing it but now 2 years later I guess it's my problem(I'd like to avoid shipping & not having a pistol too). Can anyone explain just what I need to do to put this (part #7) thing back together please?

I know this gun is touted as being just as accurate as LP10,162,K10,LP400 but I'm starting to feel like I know where the extra $$ goes. I have not held/shot the above mentioned APs and also can't help but wonder about just how much different the balance, weight, and adjustability of the pricier pistols compares.
Thanks, todd.
Gerard

Re: 46M slide bar help

Post by Gerard »

toddinjax wrote:Damn it to Hell!
The slide bar just fell off my 46M…wtf? This happened in the first few weeks of owning this pistol and Air Venturi was great about fixing it but now 2 years later I guess it's my problem(I'd like to avoid shipping & not having a pistol too). Can anyone explain just what I need to do to put this (part #7) thing back together please?
It's been a few years since my 46m had that bar in place, as I took it out fairly early on. It was a pesky, rattling little piece of stamped steel the pistol didn't need, especially considering how it only worked in helping to raise the transfer port arm about 2 times out of 3. Took that out, got rid of all associated bits, including chopping off the connector for it on the sliding breech lock. That one left the slide a bit tippy so I took it off again and silver soldered a bit of steel into the inside on the left lower edge, and carved a mating groove into the aluminum for the tongue to ride in. Now it's much more reliable, as I just lift the transfer arm manually. It locks against a strong magnet I put behind it in the frame cut-out with some steel filled epoxy putty until I press it back into place after loading the pellet. Much more satisfying loading manually like this in my experience, at least a lot less distracting than the silly auto-cocking slide nonsense.
toddinjax wrote:I know this gun is touted as being just as accurate as LP10,162,K10,LP400 but I'm starting to feel like I know where the extra $$ goes. I have not held/shot the above mentioned APs and also can't help but wonder about just how much different the balance, weight, and adjustability of the pricier pistols compares.
Thanks, todd.
Well there you have a good point. The big bucks guns are, for the most part, worth it. Sure the 46m has similar accuracy, close enough that most of us will never be able to out-shoot it, but the Steyr, Pardini, Matchguns, Morini and other top APs are just so much better made in almost every part besides the barrel. Of course the most obvious difference is in weight and balance; the 46m is a clunker, out-weighing every high end match pistol, and it's front-heavy which can be a pain for a lot of shooters, though some prefer it that way. You probably ought to give a few of the fine pistols a try if you get a chance. The 46m is a worthy pistol compared to most air pistols. But most air pistols are toys. The 46m is not a toy compared to the really fine models, but it is at the crude end of the spectrum.

As for getting the slide back into place, if you really must, all I can really remember is that it's something of a puzzle. You need to hold a couple of things in place while slipping it in at a funny angle or something. Really not a great bit of design work.
dsergison

Post by dsergison »

so when you open the cocking lever all the way, the piston engageg the slide bar pulls the loading gate open and cocks the gun... but it's under tension while it does so, so it stays put.

your problem is you pushed the loading gate latch forward by hand all the way. then the bar is not under tension it can slip out the notch. there is a small notch in the side of the latch hood the slide bar fits throughon the right side. the slide bar fits through this small notch. then turns 90 degrees sideways to the barrel and is free to go in or out of the air tube.

it's a puzzle but very easy. no forcing or weirdness required. just inspect and learn very carefully.

the small nocth is right above and the words cal 45mm, right at the joint between air tube and frame. see it here.

http://www.airguns.pl/wiatrowka/wiatrow ... h-46-1.jpg

I happen to think it's brilliant design. no tools, super compact. entirely user fault for holding the gun on it's right side while pushing the loading gate forward by hand for no reason. I've done it too. :)