Pardini GT45 ejection

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ghillieman

Pardini GT45 ejection

Post by ghillieman »

I will occasionally get a FTE with the Pardini GT45. I realize that supposedly this gun will not function reliably with lead SWC's, that's what I'm using. However, while operating the slide slowly by hand I cannot see a reason for the FTE's. The fired case is being supported all the way to the ejector. It is not hitting the top round in the magazine and just seems to ride back until it hits the ejector.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

I only shoot SWC bullets in my GT45, and have no FTE's.
It could be your load, and recoil spring.
Pardini sells 3 recoil springs, light, medium and heavy.
You might have to either bump up the load slightly,
Or go to a lighter spring.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

My current load is a 200gr SWC with 4.5gr WST at 830fps, its not very light.

I did check for recoil spring bind, nothing there. The slide travels smoothly to the rear.

Is it possible to have the slide moving too fast, maybe to negatively affect the ability to eject?
bking

Post by bking »

For reference my GT45 ejects fine (though often straight up) with 200gn lswc over 4.0gn WST. I have a frame mounted dot.

I agree your problem sounds like the slide not fully cycling, but your load sounds plenty hot.
Murph

Post by Murph »

My older GT used to eject straight up and back, but not FTE. When I changed the ejector to a new one, which is an updated angle and design, it corrected it. Maybe your ejector is worn, a bit rounded, which could cause?
Murph

Post by Murph »

The left one is older style and worn. Right one is newer style, improved angle, and a fresh one.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
ghillieman

Pardini GT45 ejection

Post by ghillieman »

I found something interesting about the GT45.

It cycles empty cases from the magazine with out a hitch!

I must have put about a hundred empty cases through it watching it cycle, looking for a reason I've been getting FTE's. It appears that the barrel is set low into the frame of the pistol allowing for a more shallow angle the cartridge has to lift up to be chambered, as compared to a 1911.

Theoretically, the GT45 will shoot a wider variety of projectiles than the 1911.

Murph, the new extractor appears to just be set back about a tenth of an inch. Is that so or am I not seeing something in the pictures.
Murph

Post by Murph »

If you look at the angle you can see the older style left one has a longer and less degree of angle. The newer one on the right is the updated and improved version. If yours is an older Nygord or Larry's imported model, I suggest getting the new one if it hasn't been updated yet. It ejects the brass a bit more to the right which was helpful and it was obviously less worn. It's very easy to change.
I have almost no trouble feeding Nosler or Zero 185's. It does not feed Federal factory GM45b very well. SWC lead rounds seem fine too but. I don't really reload much unless I borrow someone's equipment so I usually run Atlanta Arms, Zero, or some home made 185 JHPs. When I get some more federal GM I will try it again, but the older stuff I had did not feed properly.