Help with free pistol purchase

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rockart

Help with free pistol purchase

Post by rockart »

I've learned much from the forum already, but there seems to be little information on the internet about 50 meter pistol specifically. I'm currently shooting in our local Bullseye League, but am very interested in expanding my interests to include the free pistol.

Can anyone provide up to date information about the Pardini FPM. It looks like a beautiful gun and I wonder why it doesn't get as much press as the Morini CM84E. I've never used an electronic trigger before so I'm natuarally leaning towards the Pardini. The price is not a factor, so I'm looking for real world experience on why one might be favored over another. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
Isabel1130

Re: Help with free pistol purchase

Post by Isabel1130 »

rockart wrote:I've learned much from the forum already, but there seems to be little information on the internet about 50 meter pistol specifically. I'm currently shooting in our local Bullseye League, but am very interested in expanding my interests to include the free pistol.

Can anyone provide up to date information about the Pardini FPM. It looks like a beautiful gun and I wonder why it doesn't get as much press as the Morini CM84E. I've never used an electronic trigger before so I'm natuarally leaning towards the Pardini. The price is not a factor, so I'm looking for real world experience on why one might be favored over another. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
If you are right handed it should be fairly easy to acquire a used free pistol. If you don't care about electronic, than I suggest you find a used TOZ.

People tend to use what the Olympic medalists, and highly ranked ISSF shooters use. Thus the popularity of the Morini.

If you have a regular 22, with iron sights I am going to suggest you shoot a few free pistol matches with that, to see if it is something that will hold your interest.

You might also meet a few dedicated free pistol shooters there, who would probably let you handle, and try their guns.

I don't mind shooting a little free pistol every once in a while, but I find most the USA matches, boring, expensive, and a long drive.
spektr

Post by spektr »

I got hooked a while ago, and now have a Hammerli. The fact that virtually any well maintained free pistol will remove every excuse you might think of makes them really humbling at times... It's sort of different to say, "Yep, I shot that 4 all by myself"...... Try to shoot a couple if you can, I was lucky enough to shoot a few at my local range to get a feel for them. I wouldnt dismiss out of hand an older gun. I also think you need to look at the grip with a different set of eyes. They are much more important than it seems. I have a reallly good fitting Rink on my gun and it is a completely different animal than the guns I borrowed. A good fitting gun makes it easier to be consistant. Best of luck..
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Is the 50yd bullseye target the exact same as a ISSF 50m FP reduced to 50yds? Have been told they are but want to confirm.

Even if the rings aren't sized exactly the same, the smallbore 50yd line is essentially the same as FP except you don't have the advantages of grip, trigger and sight radius that you can get from shooting it with a FP
FredB

not the same

Post by FredB »

USMC0802 wrote:Is the 50yd bullseye target the exact same as a ISSF 50m FP reduced to 50yds? Have been told they are but want to confirm.
The targets are not the same. The FP target is much more demanding.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Scaling 50m-50yds, scoring rings in inches, and assuming my maths is right

------Bullseye----ISSF FP---% Area
X-----1.695------0.9--------28
10----3.36-------1.8---------29
9-----5.54-------3.6---------42
8-----8-----------5.4--------46
7-----11----------7.2--------43
6-----14.8---------9---------37
5-----19.68------10.8-------30

Roughly speaking a