Looking for some Pardini SP Magazines

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
beeser

Looking for some Pardini SP Magazines

Post by beeser »

I just purchased the Pardini SP pictured below and need magazines for it. Any information as to where I might find them would be appreciated. Also, as you can see from the picture the tail end of the grip has broken off. Can this be repaired or will it require replacing?
m1963

Post by m1963 »

For the magazines call the folks at Pardini (I think the SPnew mags will fit your pistol, just be sure to verify.) New mags run about $50.

http://www.pardiniguns.com/store/index.php

Ref. the grip, although that looks ugly it may not be the end of the day if it works for you. The problem is the missing part of the grip actually protects the sights.

If you want to replace the grip you will need to determine what size you need. Best bet is to check Nils and Rink to determine size, and then start looking for someone selling a previously purchased grip (that they did not like or do not use) at a reduced price:

http://us.nill-shop.com/Adjustable-Matc ... oves-large

http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php?s ... 255&p2=255

Good luck!

Audere Est Facere!
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

I broke this part off from my Morini at my first match. Luckily I was able to epoxy the piece back on and it has held for 2 years of hard use. Was broke off to where it bit into my hand pretty good. I think you could extend it by maybe putting in a couple small screws sticking out and using Rinks expoxy putty. However, about a month ago, there were grips on here for sale. Not sure if the new grips fit this gun or not but believe they do. They were selling 3 different grips and I don't believe the Pardini grip ever sold for the $165 which is about $50 cheaper than a new one. Think the mags are around $65 from Pardini.
beeser

Post by beeser »

Thanks all for the responses. I'll give Pardini in FL a call this morning about the magazine and missing sight parts. It may be a good idea to shoot the gun a little before diving into the grip. It's at least serviceable. BTW, is this Pardini one of the earlier models? Any ideas on about when it was manufacturered?
beeser

Post by beeser »

Is the main Pardini dealer or distributor in FL still in business? I've been trying to reach them for a couple of days and haven't received a response back yet.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

beeser wrote:Is the main Pardini dealer or distributor in FL still in business? I've been trying to reach them for a couple of days and haven't received a response back yet.
I'm guessing that it might have something to do with the Munich World Cup. Emil was certainly competing there yesterday.

I see that he's also entered to shoot in the Maribor World Cup next Monday and Tuesday.
beeser

Post by beeser »

David Levene wrote:
beeser wrote:Is the main Pardini dealer or distributor in FL still in business? I've been trying to reach them for a couple of days and haven't received a response back yet.
I'm guessing that it might have something to do with the Munich World Cup. Emil was certainly competing there yesterday.

I see that he's also entered to shoot in the Maribor World Cup next Monday and Tuesday.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know it was a one man business. I got the impression from their website that they had other staff.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

beeser wrote:I got the impression from their website that they had other staff.
They may very well have; I've no idea I'm afraid.
crankythunder

They have a couple people there but......

Post by crankythunder »

Emil and Vlad and the other guy all compete and when there is a competition, there is nobody home to mind the store.

Not sure if the new mags will fit the nygord guns but when they get back they will take care of you.

I have tried a couple pardini grips, the regular stock pardini, the rink, and then the hortons. my favorite are the dick Horton grips and perhaps someone can chime in with the dick Horton phone number or email address. They offer them in the high rake European grip angle, the 1911 angle, plain or finger groves, and unfinished or high gloss with a choice for select quality walnut. I got the 1911 style finger grove shiny lacquer select grade walnut grips and they are a work of art and slightly cheaper then the rinks or the pardini grips.

Regards,
Crankster
beeser

Re: They have a couple people there but......

Post by beeser »

crankythunder wrote:Emil and Vlad and the other guy all compete and when there is a competition, there is nobody home to mind the store.

Not sure if the new mags will fit the nygord guns but when they get back they will take care of you.

I have tried a couple pardini grips, the regular stock pardini, the rink, and then the hortons. my favorite are the dick Horton grips and perhaps someone can chime in with the dick Horton phone number or email address. They offer them in the high rake European grip angle, the 1911 angle, plain or finger groves, and unfinished or high gloss with a choice for select quality walnut. I got the 1911 style finger grove shiny lacquer select grade walnut grips and they are a work of art and slightly cheaper then the rinks or the pardini grips.

Regards,
Crankster
Thanks Crankster!
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

My wife shoots a Pardini SP (not the "New" model) , which was bought around 2003. I have a Pardini SP "New", and the magazines are slightly different. My newer style magazines will not fit in her pistol. The first thing that causes problems is the "feed ramp", which is a small tab at the top front of the magazine. This is bigger on the "New" magazines, but it's possible that all you need to do is file it down a bit.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Pardini USA can get you the old style magazines. You just have to catch them in between big matches. They would also know if you can easily modify one of the newer magazines to fit.
beeser

Post by beeser »

All I can say is thanks and it's a good thing I didn't rush out and buy any SP mag. I'm definitely humbled and will patiently wait for the Pardini USA to return.
Thanks again!!
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

The other person minding the store is Alex and he just shot in the Jr World Championships. Sometimes the emails get lost between them. Just keep calling and emailing. Soemtimes you will actually catch them in the store and get the phone answered. In addition to shooting, Emil is a teacher but not sure if he works summer school. They will also be getting ready to go to Ft. Benning for USASNC in 2 weeks so it is a really busy time for the 3 of them. They will have whatever you need though- new or old