inexpensive jackets ...

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ghostrip

inexpensive jackets ...

Post by ghostrip »

i am tempted to start shooting air rifle and small bore prone.
i have read previous threads and i understand that quality does not come cheap. i have worn a relative new sauer jacket (the standard one) and a v3-active. i didn't know the v3-active brand but it felt quite good, not as stiff as the sauer but still supportive.
since my primary disciplines will still be air pistol and rapid fire i want a simple jacket for both roles (standing and prone).
any other recommendation? the v3-active site redirects me to simetra (kelz)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I bought a cheap Gehman one to start with and then later upgraded to a Kurt thune. I'd suggest you just get one off the peg to start with but you need to try it on as fit across the shoulders is very important. The front can be tweaked by moving the buttons.

Rob.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

thank you rob :) my plan is to not upgrade ... certainly no pants, no shoes.
i have more than enough pistol equipment to carry, especially at nationals.
also i was more than lucky to try the sauer and the v3. dealers here dont stock jackets, free pistols, etc .. everything is by order (except perhaps a couple of LP10) ...
the sauer was a club jacket size 56 the v3 a size 58 from a fellow shooter (he bought it used i believe).
the v3-active left me a very good impression but now seems they become simetra with totally new models...
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

ghostrip wrote:thank you rob :) my plan is to not upgrade ... certainly no pants, no shoes.
i have more than enough pistol equipment to carry, especially at nationals.
also i was more than lucky to try the sauer and the v3. dealers here dont stock jackets, free pistols, etc .. everything is by order (except perhaps a couple of LP10) ...
the sauer was a club jacket size 56 the v3 a size 58 from a fellow shooter (he bought it used i believe).
the v3-active left me a very good impression but now seems they become simetra with totally new models...
I never planned on upgrading either, but the bug bit...

Rob.