Fitting a used grip on a Toz 35

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Fitting a used grip on a Toz 35

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

Just picked up a used Toz with very nice Morini grips! The dealer was kind enough to throw in a well used stock Toz grip for me to practice fitting my hand to before violating the Morini grips. However, I can't get the darn things on! Is it normal to have to fiddle with the inletting of used Toz grips when putting them on a different Toz?

The enclosed photo shows how far apart the back of the grips are, can't force them any closer, in fact can't even get the second screw in on the left side.

I also don't know how to get the palm shelf on. Is there supposed to be a bold or something like that floating in the slot on the right side (like you see with say a pardini grip)?

thanks,
Jab
Attachments
View from the rear
View from the rear
j-team

Re: Fitting a used grip on a Toz 35

Post by j-team »

jabberwo wrote: Is it normal to have to fiddle with the inletting of used Toz grips when putting them on a different Toz?
In a word, Yes. The frames are all "individuals"!
ruig

Post by ruig »

1) Does right cheek fit well? See at the attached picture.

If frame and right check are not aligned well (right cheek doesn't fit):

1.1) Remove the grip.

1.2) Lubricate the frame well (any gun or machine oil).

1.3) Attach right cheek and press for some time.

1.4) Remove the right cheek and looking at inner surface of the cheek find oil spots and remove a layer with a chisel.

1.5) Back to step 1)

If frame and right check are aligned (right cheek fits):

2) Attach right cheek and palm shelf and fix them with screws.

2.1) Does left cheek fit well? Without any gap between left and right cheek?

If not:

2.2) Lubricate the frame well (any gun or machine oil).

2.3) Attach left cheek and press for some time.

2.4) Remove the left cheek and looking at inner surface of the cheek find oil spots and remove a layer with a chisel.

2.5) Back to step 2.1)

You are done.
ruig

Post by ruig »

Screw and nut for palm shelf.
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

Thanks! Awesome info -- in fact I recall seeing a nut like that in a small baggy of "extra parts" that came in the Toz's wooden case.

cheers,
jab
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

ruig wrote:Screw and nut for palm shelf.
Reviving thread since I'm not done fitting the grip just yet. Getting back to trying to shoot the Toz this week.

So I found this nut and bolt, but where does the nut go? Between the grip panel and frame? Or under the slot cut in the frame?

If it's the former, it can't be slid up and down once I tighten down the grip screws. If it's the latter the bolt interferes with the cocking lever.

Thanks,
Jab
jabberwo

Post by jabberwo »

All set! Turns out it wasn't the palm shelve bolt or nut, but the lower right side grip panel screw that was interfering with the cocking lever. Swap the two panel screws, they are of unequal length, problem solved. That and I figured the trick to putting the nut in the slot between the frame and cocking lever was to take the left grip panel off so I could hold the nut in place to start the palm shelve screw.

Just putting it out there in case someone else wants to play with their Toz grip.

Jab