Wanting to buy a Walther LP400 - how to tell its latest spec

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mrgeoff

Wanting to buy a Walther LP400 - how to tell its latest spec

Post by mrgeoff »

Hi, I would really like to buy a Walther LP400 compact. Trouble is, I have read about some early issues, and I understand that the latest models should be the latest update, but I am not sure how I can guarantee a latest model.

I recently bought a rifle of a different brand, brand new, but more popular models of the same brand have been running a different breach seal for around 18 months! While that did not phase me as it got stripped and re-built, I certainly don't want to end up with an old stock pistol. Especially when "old stock" isn't cheaper!!!

I have emailed walther direct, but as I guessed they wouldn't tell me a "safe" serial number, maybe the Walther PR guy on here can help, or anyone else bought a latest one let me know how I can tell, or a serial number etc.

Many Thanks - Geoff.
Zeddsded

Post by Zeddsded »

Hi Geoff,

The cylinder on my LP400 was inscribed with 12/12. I purchased it in early 2013, so I'm assuming that the pistol was a December 2012 unit (or at least the cylinder was).

As you'd be buying the gun over the counter you could check this date before handing over your cash.

Just a thought... :)

Jon
Steyr LP10 E
therider

Post by therider »

Zeddsded wrote:Hi Geoff,

The cylinder on my LP400 was inscribed with 12/12. I purchased it in early 2013, so I'm assuming that the pistol was a December 2012 unit (or at least the cylinder was).

As you'd be buying the gun over the counter you could check this date before handing over your cash.
Good idea, but I would rely on that only if you get a sealed box. I have seen that many dealers mess up with air cylinders. I guess that happens when they let customers try the pistols. So be careful!
mrgeoff

Post by mrgeoff »

Good idea on the cylinder, thanks :)
mframe

Recommend you avoid Walther LP400

Post by mframe »

My LP 400 failed Umarex has had the pistol for 2 months and will not advise me when I can expect return or replacement.
Unacceptable