Evolution of Names for Steyr 10m Air Pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DFWdude

Evolution of Names for Steyr 10m Air Pistols

Post by DFWdude »

I have an original Steyr "CO2 Match" air pistol which I bought in 1990 or 1991. CO2 powered, of course. Serial number 701027.

Externally, it looks like an LP1 that came along later.

My question is are these two pistols the same, the only difference being the name? Was the name later changed to LP1?
conradin

Post by conradin »

LP1CP.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

conradin wrote:LP1CP.
I want to buy a couple parts as spares so I can modify the loading lever. I want to know if the two pistols have interchangeable parts. I'm not sure the term "LP1CP" helps me determine this.

Please clarify.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why not ask our host, who is a Steyr dealer?
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

Rover wrote:Why not ask our host, who is a Steyr dealer?
I already have. Last Friday. Waiting for a response. Meantime, I thought some of you here could help.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Steyr Match is same as LP1

Variations are:

LP1 - CO2 no compensator

LP1C - CO2 with compensator

LP1CP (or was that LP1PC) - Compressed air and compensator
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

In response to my email request, I just received an email from Steyr SPORT GmbH. They say my "CO2 Match" pistol is now called the "LP 1 P" with the part I need interchangeable with the LP1.

Thanks.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Who answered your email? Is it quick? Also can they pinpoint WHEN the pistol was made and who was the first buyer (or distributor)?
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

J teams list is basically correct except there are some trigger and sight differences between the first model and the LP1. This I know from working with Eddie Stockinger at the 1991 World Cup in California. Eddie was Steyr's rep/gunsmith at the time.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I want to find out the date of my LP10.
j-team

Post by j-team »

pilkguns wrote:J teams list is basically correct except there are some trigger and sight differences between the first model and the LP1. This I know from working with Eddie Stockinger at the 1991 World Cup in California. Eddie was Steyr's rep/gunsmith at the time.
Yes, I bought my first Steyr from Eddie, in either 1991 or 1992 at Munich WC. As for the early trigger variations, my fading memory is that the first ones had a 3 sided cam for one of the adjustments and that didn't work out too good so they changed to a conventional adjusting screw. If you had an early one they swapped out the parts at no cost if you wanted.
DFWdude

Post by DFWdude »

Well, I bought my Steyr "CO2 Match" errr, LP1 P (ser. no. 701027) from Don Nygord in Feb. 1991, and had the trigger tuned by a US Shooting Team member while attending Erich Buljung's Masters Pistol Camp that following Summer in Colorado Springs.

Best I can tell by looking at it is conventional set screws throughout the trigger mechanism. So I wonder if Steyr made the modification prior to production of this pistol?