Free pistol grip maker?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Agr226

Free pistol grip maker?

Post by Agr226 »

Would anyone happen to know a maker of grips for a free pistol? I have an old udo anschutz 210 that I'm trying to bring back to life.
Invictus87

Post by Invictus87 »

I think Larry's Guns has some grips you might be able to adapt. There's always the option of making them yourself, Igor's blog has a good writeup about pistol grip making.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Another question regarding free pistol grips.......
I cannot straighten my elbows fully due to old lifting injuries - the result being that my grips need to be more vertical for all my pistols, to allow for a nearly ten degree shortfall in extension. I am looking for a free psitol that has an adjustable rake to accomodate but the manufacturers photos or specifications aren't very clear on this. Has anyone had a similar experience or can anyone let me know of a pistol with a large degree of rake adjustment. I'm thinking it will be a pistol with mechanical trigger.
6string

Post by 6string »

Hi jbshooter,

You may want to look into some of the older free pistols. The Hammerli 100 series, especially the original model 100, was often made to order. One option you needed to supply to Hammerli when placing an order was whether you shot with a bent or straight elbow.
Original paperwork I have specifies this option. I have a number of original Hammerlis built both ways. You can instantly tell the difference.

Feel free to pm me if you'd like more info. I can probably help locate something if you're interested.

Best Regards,
Jim
j-team

Post by j-team »

jbshooter wrote:...can anyone let me know of a pistol with a large degree of rake adjustment. I'm thinking it will be a pistol with mechanical trigger.
I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the short lived Steyr FP had adjustable rake same as the Steyr air pistols. Good luck fining one, definately none in NZ.
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

JB Shooter, your problem i easily fixed with a Pardini k22 and a little carving. just a little.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Has anyone used a 3D printer to make grips yet. Just wondering......
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Is the rake on a Pardini FPM or a Matchguns MG5 adjustable. The websites and manuals aren't very clear on this.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Pardini no, Matchguns yes.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

There was a lengthy piece on PBS News Hour last night about three dimensional printing of very complex objects. Far more complex than a grip. One Cornell student made ballet shoes to fit her feet perfectly. I predict it will eventually be done and that the top shooters will, within five years, have custom 3D printed grips on their pistols. No more Moreni paste......need an adjustment, tweak the printout.