UltraDot HD-Micro

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

nmbuzz

UltraDot HD-Micro

Post by nmbuzz »

Has anyone tried the new HD-Micro from Ulta dot? Curious as to
brightness outdoors. Thanks nmbuzz
Isabel1130

Re: UltraDot HD-Micro

Post by Isabel1130 »

nmbuzz wrote:Has anyone tried the new HD-Micro from Ulta dot? Curious as to
brightness outdoors. Thanks nmbuzz

I am a little concerned about the 2MOA dot. The Aimpoint Micro is good outdoors, as the dot is very bright. I have never had a problem seeing it, but 2MOA is a tiny dot. It would have to be very bright for me to see it, although I notice over the last four years, I have steadily turned my brightness down, as I find it more of a distraction than a help.

Saving weight is not a big concern for me anymore either. Extra weight helps bring the muzzle back down during sustained fire.

I too would be interested in a review from someone that has one.
lakesidemn

Post by lakesidemn »

I don't have one, but have plenty of Ultradots. I have the Match Dot with 2 MOA and find it quite small for Bullseye shooting. Some guys like it for the 50yd, but hard to pick up on rapid fire.

I noticed this has a single mounting point. I have a couple of Aimpoints that have a similar mount. The rail has to be mounted perfectly to line these up. Too bad a person cannot "try before you buy".
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

opticsplanet.com will take items back with very little or no questions asked. I received some rings with a large order where the blister pack was broken and open and one of the rings was missing. Even though the outside was damaged, I didn't see how it was possible that the part had not at least been laying inside the box somewhere. Was a hard story for me to believe so didn't expect them to and really didn't care if they took the piece back on the return but they did with not questions. Was an order of mounts and rings over $500 so I could demo all and see what worked best and was returning more than half of it. Micro dot would be easy enough to mount and try without damaging or marking up. Had also ordered a handful of spotting scopes from them at one time, found the best and returned the rest with no problems. a good company with great prices and easy to deal with.