The real Cesare Morini and his grips

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
therider

Post by therider »

I contacted the ebay seller compralosubito2013 and I got his reply.
Although in ebay he says that he only ships to Italy, he is ready to ship to other countries.
scerir

Post by scerir »

therider

Post by therider »

Scerif, are they all really good for the grip? For example the last one, Legno Plastico, takes 12 hours and full strength 24hours.
scerir

Post by scerir »

therider wrote:Scerif, are they all really good for the grip? For example the last one, Legno Plastico, takes 12 hours and full strength 24hours.
The last one (maybe) is not a bi-component, so it is not a "rapid" plastic wood. Imo the other (bi-component) is exactly like the one used by Cesare. (Bi-component just means that you must mix a quantity of plastic wood and a very small quantity of hardener).
rmca

Post by rmca »

therider

Did he (Cesare Morini) apply any type of finish on the grip?

Thanks
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

Looks like some amazing work. I think very few people actually know how to do proper fitting. Or at least I have had trouble finding those people. Couldn't even get it done at our Olympic Training Center.

While shooting a match in Germany, I was trying to find out how far away I was from Tomas Rink. Turns out it was a long way but he was competing in that match. Had the match director contact him and bring his tools. Thought I was going to get my hand measured somehow and have a custom grip made that is around $350 I think. Turns out we just needed a room and some putty and about an hour to get 2 Morini grips to fit me. He said he could scan those grips and make me one from scratch but it wasn't necessary. Also said if I ever changed to a different gun, he could scan the grip and make one that matched for the new/different gun. I think that would be around $350 US or whatever it states on his website.
However, I got both my grips fit for around $75 euros. Wasn't sure how he was going to put rotation into the grip so that the rapid fire gun's front sight would come up centered (was always having to move it back and forth to find the front sight) but he was able to do it. I now know how to do that. Wish I would of had a video of the whole process since I am about to putty the grip on the new gun I just bought.

What did the 4 hours with Mr. Morini cost? Doesn't he supply the grips on the Steyr pistols (I still know every grip has to be fit to the individual). Who makes Pardini's grips?
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

Pardini grips are made in the house.
They got a new machine for that purpose last year.
Don´t know if the grips got better by that, but they are able
to make them some kind of similar now.
therider

Post by therider »

rmca wrote:therider

Did he (Cesare Morini) apply any type of finish on the grip?

Thanks
He used line oil, but be careful not to leave wet fabric in a close environment as it can be subjected to auto combustion.
therider

Post by therider »

USMC0802 wrote:Looks like some amazing work. I think very few people actually know how to do proper fitting. Or at least I have had trouble finding those people.

What did the 4 hours with Mr. Morini cost? Doesn't he supply the grips on the Steyr pistols (I still know every grip has to be fit to the individual). Who makes Pardini's grips?
He charges 170€ for personalizing a grip. The tail extension underneath the rear sight costs extra, but I was lucky enough and he did not charge me for that. I have to say that the tail extension must have taken him one hour, also because the rear sight of the LP10e touches the original grip!!

Cesare advices not to copy the grip in a new piece of wood, as one needs frequent fine tuning. And he is right. Next week I am back to Parma to ask him to fine tune my grip. When the grip is so perfect, you start spotting every little imperfection.

Any way, after one month shooting with this grip, I am really happy for what it has added to my shooting. When I shoot on a white target, just concentrating on the breathing and sights, if I remember not to apply too much gripping force, I get one shot over the other.....it looks like an ammunition test with the pistol on the vice!!!!!! Amazing.

Finally, Cesare Morini is the man of the CM grips available for different pistols. However he left the Morini.ch company in Switzerland which indeed carries his name. So those CM grips , made by Morini.ch, are not build by Cesare Morini any more, but by his old company. Cesare Morini now has a new company back in Parma, the MatchGuns. He does not produce grips for pistols other than his own MatchGuns.
However he still personalized any grip. I know that he will be back to Munich for next international competition in June, and he will fit grips, so if you are around you can get him to work for you.