Good to be back

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brian Lafferty

Good to be back

Post by Brian Lafferty »

After a miserable divorce in which I was literally homeless for three months due to MA court stupidity, I'm relocated to my own manufactured home in Lyndonville VT. I even have a straight ten meters inside the house to practice on. :-) Would love to hear from any VT/NH 10meter air pistol shooters by PM.
Cheers,
Brian Lafferty
conradin

Post by conradin »

The only way is UP!!!
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

conradin wrote:The only way is UP!!!
My scores are now so low that the only way is up. lol
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

That would be my dream house. To built a steel framed house that would give me an indoor 10m range. By the lake would be nice.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

seamaster wrote:That would be my dream house. To built a steel framed house that would give me an indoor 10m range. By the lake would be nice.
Just get divorced if you're married. ;-)
mark e

Post by mark e »

It worked for me too...
got divorced and now I have a 10 meter range in the living room
conradin

Post by conradin »

I am happily single.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

conradin wrote:I am happily single.
I will NEVER marry again...............................
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I have a ten meter range in my living room, both in Japan, and here in Wyoming. Unfortunately in Japan, only Airsoft is legal.
Husband doesn't complain at all, and buys me all the guns and ammo that I want. :-). What is wrong with these women???
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Isabel1130 wrote:I have a ten meter range in my living room, both in Japan, and here in Wyoming. Unfortunately in Japan, only Airsoft is legal.
Husband doesn't complain at all, and buys me all the guns and ammo that I want. :-). What is wrong with these women???
Most Unitarian Universalists like my wife take the view that guns and the people who use them are inherently evil. But, don't get me started on this topic. It's been a miserable year after I tried to develop an active shooter response team for our, now just her, UU church.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Brian Lafferty wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:I have a ten meter range in my living room, both in Japan, and here in Wyoming. Unfortunately in Japan, only Airsoft is legal.
Most Unitarian Universalists like my wife take the view that guns and the people who use them are inherently evil. But, don't get me started on this topic. It's been a miserable year after I tried to develop an active shooter response team for our, now just her, UU church.

Well I guess God will either protect them, or he won't

Do you know what you get when you cross a Universalist Unitarian with a Jehovah's Witness?

Someone who knocks on your door, and has nothing to say. :-).

You should be able to get lots of practice now.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Isabel1130 wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:

Well I guess God will either protect them, or he won't

Do you know what you get when you cross a Universalist Unitarian with a Jehovah's Witness?

Someone who knocks on your door, and has nothing to say. :-).

You should be able to get lots of practice now.
That's an old Garrison Keilor joke--and a good one too.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I am going to try and come to the Lobster Match in Maine in September. Now that you have time to practice will you shoot that one?
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Isabel1130 wrote:I am going to try and come to the Lobster Match in Maine in September. Now that you have time to practice will you shoot that one?
Perhaps if you'll give me more details. :-) I found some info with a Google search. Hopefully I will have recovered my firearms, as opposed to air arms, from the police who have had them "impounded" during the divorce thanks to a viscous and unproved restraining order sought by my wife. I hope to have them recovered by Summer.
conradin

Post by conradin »

I know it is frustrating about having the firearms taken away. But even if you have them taken away for life, you love the sport, you can still compete with AP and AR. There is nothing in the world that will stop you from enter the world target shooting. Also IIRC firearms before 1900 are antiques, you can get involved in cowboy shooting competition if you can find a good revolver too...plenty of 19th century revolver floating around.

As for the ex, a friend of mine did tell me: Sometimes people do irrational things. You did nothing wrong. The law is one sided with the recipient. You do not need to be angry with her, it just store up more toxic energy in you. Just take your time and your firearms will be back.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

conradin wrote:I know it is frustrating about having the firearms taken away. But even if you have them taken away for life, you love the sport, you can still compete with AP and AR. There is nothing in the world that will stop you from enter the world target shooting. Also IIRC firearms before 1900 are antiques, you can get involved in cowboy shooting competition if you can find a good revolver too...plenty of 19th century revolver floating around.

As for the ex, a friend of mine did tell me: Sometimes people do irrational things. You did nothing wrong. The law is one sided with the recipient. You do not need to be angry with her, it just store up more toxic energy in you. Just take your time and your firearms will be back.
Thanks for the words of support. That all happened in MA. I now live in Vermont where there are virtually no firearms restrictions. I'd just like my PK380 and Mossberg 144LS from childhood back from the MA police. Otherwise, I will be rebuilding here in VT.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Losing heirloom is frustrating..or losing childhood sentimental firearms.
But you are now free, that is more important!