Mountain Competition Pistols

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Rover

Post by Rover »

Awaiting a gander at those transcripts.

I guess Dr. Nick is not the only slow one.
lovelyme

Post by lovelyme »

solomon grundy wrote:I think that they use a rail system. Here's their site - http://www.mountaincompetitionpistols.com/index.html
Wow thanks for your post... this well be a great.. help for me
^_^ thanks...

Post by losw »

GBMaryland wrote:I've ordered the court transcripts for the forum, and will post them once they arrive.

GBMaryland,
It has been a while since we have heard from you, or Dr. Nick. Did you get the court transcripts yet?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

losw wrote:
GBMaryland wrote:I've ordered the court transcripts for the forum, and will post them once they arrive.

GBMaryland,
It has been a while since we have heard from you, or Dr. Nick. Did you get the court transcripts yet?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe there is such a thing as "court transcripts" for small claims court.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

web address for the company,is gone so something happened i guess
aacjr

Post by aacjr »

This address just worked for me. I have one of his 45 wad guns and have no complaints. He was very pleasant, even fun, to speak to and delivered in the time frame he quoted - about 6 weeks.

http://www.mountaincompetitionpistols.com/

Allan
davekp

Post by davekp »

My experiences with Dr. Nick have been excellent. I recently sent him one of his Beretta Hardball guns that the original owner had "improved". It suffered from failures to extract. I sent it in February, but due to some medical issues didn't follow up until April. I call, left a message and DR. Nick returned my call that evening. On the spot he examined the pistol and said he would check it out. A few days later he had worked on it and was waiting to test fire it. Failure. Seems it needed more a new slide and locking block. He procured a new slide, fitted it, updated the trigger, and test fired in about a week. He sent it back and charged me ONLY for his cost for the slide and return shipping! No charge for any labor. Great service as far as I am concerned. I had a similar experience when I bought one of his 1911 Wad guns. Although he missed his first promised delivery date, I got it a week later, at the six week mark.
shakennotstirred

Post by shakennotstirred »

davekp wrote:My experiences with Dr. Nick have been excellent.
W/o wading through 13 pages and collating the responses, is their any CW on whose Hardball M9 is the most reliably accurate and long-lasting?

I just want to "buy once and cry once" with this.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

shakennotstirred wrote:
W/o wading through 13 pages and collating the responses, is their any CW on whose Hardball M9 is the most reliably accurate and long-lasting?

The M9 will never be as long lasting as a 45. It is not a steel gun. How much do you want to spend?

I think there are a number of gunsmiths out there who can accurize an M9. Dave Salyer, and David Sams both spring to mind, and both are good and fair businessmen. For resale value, longevity, and a guarantee, I would go with David Sams, but it will cost you about double, and won't buy you any more points than a Salyer gun will.
davekp

Post by davekp »

shakennotstirred wrote:

I have both a MC and Dave Salyer M9. Equally accurate. The MC has more "refinements" (wide trigger, some tungsten parts, and steel frame rails). The Salyer was less expensive. I shoot each equally badly. Can't speak to long term accuracy, but I'd guess the MC will hold up longer. I won't shoot either long enough to find out.