IZH-35M Help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Jar-hed

IZH-35M Help

Post by Jar-hed »

I found a nice used IZH-35M at my local gun shop for a reasonable price. So, I picked it up. I really like the gun so far. It shoots to call, and is ultra- reliable, with any kind of ammo. My problem is the trigger weight. It currently measures a consistent 1 lb, 10 oz. I can't get the trigger weight adjustment screw to have any effect. My internet research tells me that clockwise should increase the weight. I've got the screw bottomed out and there is no change. I intend to use this gun for Bullseye, so, I've got to get it up to 2 lbs. Anyone out there with experience on this gun, who might have any idea on how to fix this issue?
Life is hard, but it's harder when you're stupid.
John Wayne
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The pistol is designed for international competition, where the trigger weight lower limit is 500 grams. What makes you think it can be cranked up to 2 pounds? That is almost double what they expect people to need.

If you have to get it to 2 pounds, you will probably have to replace the trigger spring, which is a major pain to get to.
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

Target Talk Archive

IZH35 Trigger Adjustment

Posted by Bob LeDoux on August 09, 2000 at 20:28:12:
My new IZH-35M pistol instructions failed to explain how to adjust the trigger weight. Here’s how:
Look down at the top of the pistol. Just above the trigger is seen a hole through the upper barrel shroud. You will see a very small screw. This screw adjusts the trigger takeup spring tension. To reduce the trigger pull weight, turn this screw counterclockwise. It clicks as it rotates.
To test the trigger pull, the pistol must be cocked, the left rear safety must be in the upper position, and the grip safety must be depressed.
Jar-hed

No help so far

Post by Jar-hed »

Apparently the previous poster didn't read my OP. I'm not looking for instructions on how to adjust the trigger. I'm seeking advice on correcting why that adjustment screw isn't having any effect. I've run the screw back and forth through the entire range of travel, stopping every turn or so to check the trigger pull weight. The screw makes no change to the pull weight. So, obviously something is wrong inside. I was hoping someone with experience on this pistol could point me toward the likely cause(s).
John Wayne
j-team

Post by j-team »

Gwhite wrote:The pistol is designed for international competition, where the trigger weight lower limit is 500 grams. What makes you think it can be cranked up to 2 pounds? That is almost double what they expect people to need.

If you have to get it to 2 pounds, you will probably have to replace the trigger spring, which is a major pain to get to.
Errr.. The trigger weight for 25m pistols is 1000grams (2.2lbs). So, the IZH35 should easily adjust to this with factory parts.

Sounds like a spring may be broken/missing or modified.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

My apology. I was thinking the IZH-46M air pistol, not the 35. I will shut up now...
RJP

trigger adjustment

Post by RJP »

Jar-hed,

If the spring is still there, someone previously may have backed out the trigger weight screw too far and the spring underneath the screw may be out of position.

I did this to my IZH-35 many years ago and I had to hold down the spring and replace the screw to get the trigger weight adjustment to work properly. After taking off the upper barrel shroud, look down toward the trigger adjustment screw. You should see a small part of the spring under the screw. A small screw driver placed on this spring should give a little push when depressed.
Jar-hed

Fixed it!!!

Post by Jar-hed »

Thanks for the help. I found the problem thanks to the last poster. The spring has precious little material sticking out into hole where the screw is designed to push down on it. The previous owner apparently turned the screw in too far, and drove it past the spring. All I had to do was back the screw all the way out, then push down on the spring a little bit, and replace the screw. Got a consistent 2lb, 1oz pull now.
John Wayne