Pellet safety sleeves for RWS tins

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

brent375hh

Pellet safety sleeves for RWS tins

Post by brent375hh »

The 3 safety sleeves I own don't quite fit the newer RWS R10 and especially the Meisterkugeln pellet tins due to the height. Does someone make these that are compatible?
topclass52

pellet sleeves

Post by topclass52 »

if you are talking about the plastic sleeves that keep the lid on open pellet cans...

I had the same problem with tins that were slightly too tall (JSB Exact Heavies). So I took an empty tin that was of normal height, filled it with pellets from the over-sized tin, then put the lid on the "normal" tin. Fit into the sleeve just fine properly identified as to contents. A functional solution.
RobStubbs

Re: pellet sleeves

Post by RobStubbs »

topclass52 wrote:if you are talking about the plastic sleeves that keep the lid on open pellet cans...

I had the same problem with tins that were slightly too tall (JSB Exact Heavies). So I took an empty tin that was of normal height, filled it with pellets from the over-sized tin, then put the lid on the "normal" tin. Fit into the sleeve just fine properly identified as to contents. A functional solution.
Why don't you just leave the tape on the tin ? That way they never spring open. I have done that for many years and never had a problem. The only other thing I do is use a pellet shaker box like;

http://www.10pt9.com/AHG-Pellet-Shaker-Box-p169.html

That way you don't have to fumble getting pellets out of the tin.

Rob.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

I am currently using the offered solutions. I was hoping someone knew of a compatible tin holder, it appears not to be.

Thanks.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I just leave my current match pellet tin open, with a full, taped-shut tin under it in my Pardini case (same case as all the European majors supply), and the foam of the case lid keeps the pellet tin lid in place. For pocket carrying when going plinking I have a couple of Crosman screw-lid tins, spray bombed black. I've lined one with felt, one with thin dense foam. Both prevent pellets from rattling around and becoming damaged. The screw-on lids are secure. I know it's not what you're asking, but for the cost of a cheap tin of pellets you can have a secure container into which you may dump whatever pellets you like. I have one of the plastic tin securing devices... but it only fits a couple of tin types of the many I've tried. Not very versatile.
Oklahoma Jim

Post by Oklahoma Jim »

I found the same problem with the new RWS cans and the plastic pellet can sleeves. JSB cans fit the sleeves so I transfer the RWS pellets to a properly marked old JSB can. Easy.
Alex L

Pellet Safety sleeves.

Post by Alex L »

I make leather Pellet Safety Sleeves for members of my club. They are 2 circular pieces of leather, joined much of the way around, and closed by a small tab and press stud.

I have been making them for the last few years, after my wife gave up making them due to an arm injury.

I make them to fit the tins, and the size can be altered for the larger tins.
I haven't got a photo to show, but will take one , and then will nut out how to download them here!!

I sell them locally for $15 Australian. I do not make them commercially, but just a few at a time as the need arises.

I suggest you see some leather workers, and get some made to order and made to size.[/img]
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Here comes my easy solution for this problem.

At first i bent the lid of a fresh tin to the inner side so the force of the lid holding the tin close will go much greater and the tin dos not open from alone.

And second i use some collected round pads which were sold with the H&N pellets and put them part to part in the ever more emptier going tin for protecting the pellets rattling around.

Regards

Frank