new gun

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Wing nut

new gun

Post by Wing nut »

Pardini sp .22 or walther GXP Expert
Bob Mccollum

Post by Bob Mccollum »

Pardini SP!!!
crankythunder

dear wing nut........

Post by crankythunder »

Having recently upgraded, and as a member of a very generous bullseye team in a league owning newer examples of all the competitive pistols, I tested the both the available walters, the FWB, the pardini, and the hammerli along with some of the vintage hammerlis as well. While I had limited time for evaluations, I selected the pardini for a number of reasons.

my selection was based on the following:

trigger quality
grip adaptability
recoil management system
front weight balance system
after purchase support
overall quality.
pistol set up.
Recent top level competition success.

While I prefer the magazine in the grip from my previous pistol, pardini came out on top and I am very happy with my purchase. my previous pistol was a Russian Izh 35m and it shot very very well. I feel that the pardini is a step up in quality and shooter convenience. I ended up with the pardini mechanical bullseye and it is a very very capable pistol. I recommend it highly.

they other available pistols are very good but having shot all of them, I like the pardini the best.

Regards,
Cranky
Murph

Post by Murph »

For almost all the same reasons as cranky thunder, I also chose Pardini. I also found their level of service to be exceptional. Easy to set up, shoot, and clean. My 22 eats any ammo I put in it and has never has an alibi in a match.
ssauer2004

Post by ssauer2004 »

I shoot a GSP Expert and love it. I also have never had a malfunction of any kind. I can put any ammo I desire to shoot through the gun. I think the main factor in selecting a Pardini or a GSP Expert would be the grip angle.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

ssauer2004 wrote:I shoot a GSP Expert and love it. I also have never had a malfunction of any kind. I can put any ammo I desire to shoot through the gun. I think the main factor in selecting a Pardini or a GSP Expert would be the grip angle.
Surprisingly, while I thought that I liked the high rake grip angle of the pardini and shot very well with them, I switched to the 1911 angle grips from Dick Horton and am very happy.

Regards,
Cranky
mparker

Post by mparker »

I own a Pardini SP (not the "new" model), Benelli MP95e, Hammerli 208, Hammerli 280, and a Hammerli 215 from among 19 match target pistols I shoot regularly. Except for the Pardini, each one wears a Larry's type of scope mount and an Ultradot 1" or 30mm. All five shoot lights out from a bench as you would expect.

I have never owned, held, or fired a Walther GSP, OSP, or SSP so I can't judge the Walther you're considering except to say I don't see or hear nearly as much discussion about them as with other "high end" pistols.

The Hammerli 280 and the Pardini SP are very similar in styling and feel. The 280 feels a tad lighter. On the line I can't say either is far superior to the other in my hand(s). The Hammerli 280 has a reputation as a rapid fire pistol and deservedly so based on what I've read about it.

The Pardini is, well, a Pardini. Like the others, no serious flaws. It would generally be regarded as the pick of the litter in my collection. Again, in my hands, the Pardini is not head and shoulders above the other four I'm citing. YMMV.

The Benelli MP95e is a relative newcomer to my inventory. It is another exceptional shooter but I'm not crazy about the grip and will change it soon. As it happens, the trigger adjustments seem to be OK for me though the MP90 is more adjustable and I can have a different trigger group installed. In terms of handling and ergonomics it falls between the Hammerli 208 and the Pardini SP. I can see why it's growing in popularity.

In my experience, the Hammerli 208 and 215 (the same gun really) are the easiest to handle, smallest, and lightest. If I could get a NIB 208s and not have to worry about parts and service, this is my top choice. I am emotionally attached to my 208 in the same way I am attached to my 55 year old Remington 870.

As parts get harder and harder to acquire, the Hammerlis will be seen less and less and so the Pardini has taken over. Major awards are going to Pardini and Feinwerkbau routinely. So, Pardini would be your obvious choice of the two you cite. Good luck with your choice and shoot lots.
Jerry Keefer

Post by Jerry Keefer »

mparker wrote: As parts get harder and harder to acquire, the Hammerlis will be seen less and less and so the Pardini has taken over. Major awards are going to Pardini and Feinwerkbau routinely. So, Pardini would be your obvious choice of the two you cite. Good luck with your choice and shoot lots.
This is an excellent post, by Mr. Parker.. I too like the Hammerli 208s.. I have never shot one in competition, but I have worked on quite a few.. I am a Pardini disciple, because Don Nygord, many years ago, talked me into buying one.. It has been a terrific pistol which functions flawlessly... I have passed this gun onto an up and coming shooter, who also, described it to be slightly heavy, especially in the front..
My remedy for that, is to replace the steel barrel shroud with aluminum. A major weigh change.. Enough change to allow the use of the recoil dampeners..a win win for the shooter..
JerryImage