.32 center fire pistol advice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rmca

.32 center fire pistol advice

Post by rmca »

I need more information on the .32 (or .38) pistols available for the ISSF center fire discipline. From memory I can think of two, the Pardini HP and the Walther GSP. What else is out there?

I would like to hear your thoughts and advice on what should I be looking for.

I would like a semi-automatic pistol with an ergonomic grip, unless you can convince me that a revolver would be better...

I know most air pistols (I have an LP10) and most .22s (and a Pardini SP), but some how larger calibers always eluded me...

So I need your advice... fire away! :)

Thanks
scausi

pistol

Post by scausi »

Hi
The only revolver i would recommend to you is a Manurhin MR32 Sport $$$$
you can also get Munurhin in 38/357,
I shot a Manurhin for 2 years ,i found that i could shoot precision as good as any auto ,but i could not get the consitancy i was looking for in the rapid fire stage ( all down to me not the pistol).
I now shoot a Walther GSP expert and am very happy with ,i find the auto very easy for me to shoot, the biggest noticable differance between the rovolver and the auto is the trigger,
The Walther is a bit front end heavy but i like that ,
cant talk for the Pardini never shot one.
cheers .S
P.S i own still own 2 38/357 Manurhin revolvers that i use for Australian service pistol & WA 1500 Revolver
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Matchguns MG4 is good option. I'm really pleased with mine.
morten

Post by morten »

I to love my Matchguns MG4, and I still use my (older) Hammerli 280 alot.

.32 cal pistols available in todays marked

Pardini HP
Matchguns MG4
Hammerli SP20 RRS
Tesro TS 32 (Pro and Non Pro)
Walther GSP Expert
TB

Post by TB »

morten wrote:I to love my Matchguns MG4, and I still use my (older) Hammerli 280 alot.

.32 cal pistols available in todays marked

Pardini HP
Matchguns MG4
Hammerli SP20 RRS
Tesro TS 32 (Pro and Non Pro)
Walther GSP Expert
There is also the Benelli mp90s
David M

Re: .32 center fire pistol advice

Post by David M »

rmca wrote:I know most air pistols (I have an LP10) and most .22s (and a Pardini SP), but some how larger calibers always eluded me...
If you already have a Pardini SP, I would go for the Pardini HP and keep the pistols feel similar for .22 and .32.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Thanks for the replys.

What can you say about the Pardini HP. I would love to hear from someone who owns one or tried one. How does it compare to the Pardini SP (accounting for the difference in calibers)?
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I have a Pardini HP in 32 acp. It is a great gun so far I've only put 2000 rounds through it with very little problems. Never a problem with factory loads so any problems come from my reloads and that is because I'm trying different combinations. It can easily hold the 10 ring at 50 yards with factory ammo and that is with a lot of X's. I have not figured out a good lead load yet. With the 22 barrel on it shoots better groups than my 208s even with CCI SV. With better ammo it is a tack driver probably with 10X capability at 50 yards but I did not buy it to shoot 22's so my experience with the 22 is only a couple hundred rounds. On my gun you have to change the scope zero between 22 and 32.

The people at Pardini USA in Tampa are super nice to work with and really are some of the most knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to shooting a pistol accurately with one hand.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Thing to remember when you start C/F shooting (ISSF or otherwise) is that you get into the whole area of reloading. Factory loads are rarely what you want for target shooting - they tend to be too punchy as the factory doesn't know what pistol its rounds have to cycle so tend to err on the heavy side.

Reloading is a lot of fun but has to be factored into the cost of a C/F pistol acquisition: press, dies, power scales, powder thrower or dipper, reloading block, tumbler and medium, case lube, etc. and then you have to get the cases, projectiles, powder and primers all of which are variable.

Hope you find what you want. Have you considered a Hammerli 280? Sako also made an ISSF/UIT C/F in the Tri-Ace. Old pistols but still good enough to start out on.

Bob
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

I cannot recomend the MG4. Too complicated.
Pardini .32 is probably one of the better choises at present.