Anyone using Matchdot II elevation turret?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jabberwo

Anyone using Matchdot II elevation turret?

Post by jabberwo »

Hi,

Might finally be getting into centerfire bullseye, just picked up a Colt 70 series with some old crap dot. I have a MatchDot on my Pardini SP. For this 45, is it worth getting the MatchDot II with the elevation turret? Is anyone finding it useful for when moving from 50 to 25 yard line?

Its not the money, its the added complexity to the dot unit that makes me wonder.

thanks,
jab
montster

Works well

Post by montster »

Be aware that the center section that holds the battery, and turrets is a little longer than some other dots. Your rings will be a little farther apart than other match dot models. If you are mounting on a full rail no problem. If you try to mount on a shorter rail like some frame mount you might not have enough room. This was the case when I mounted on on pistol with a frame mount.

I thought the turret adjustment and ability to re zero to be useful.
dronning

Post by dronning »

I like mine I have two, one on my Marvel and the second on my .45 Les Baer (frame mount).

I like the ability to turn the knob verses pulling a cap and using a coin or case to turn a dial. The big plus is with a quick glance you if know you made your adjustment or not.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
Hamdenman

Matchdot 2

Post by Hamdenman »

As a relative newcomer to the sport, I liked the option of the turret. I never really thought it would be a big deal. Boy, was I wrong! It really does make a difference with my load of 4.2 BE under a magnus 185 long nose. 4 clicks down from the 50 yd setting and I'm in the x & 10 ring at 25 yds.
RJP

Post by RJP »

On a .45, yes, 5 clicks from 50 yards to 25 yards. You can see where your sights are without removing the dust cover. On a .22, no, I do not adjust sights from 50 to 25 yards.