Which Palmrest and Where

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

XTCShooter

Which Palmrest and Where

Post by XTCShooter »

I just got my first Anschutz, a 1413, Model 54 Super Match and want to get a palmrest for off-hand. My plan is to use the rifle for local smallbore matches and off-hand practice. I am looking at the Mr. Cairo Adjustable Palm Rest from Champion Shooters and the Champion's Choice Block Type palmrest.

Can someone make a recommendation and more importantly were to find one.

Thanks,

Art
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

You already mentioned Champion Shooter Supply... Champions Choice and 10.9 are two more options. Many people use a fixed block type. They work well and are inexpensive, you can even make your own pretty easily. I prefer an adjustable one. You can adjust your palmrest up or down rather than having to change your hand position. Lots of models to choose from and lots of price points. They all do pretty much the same thing....
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I personally think the Anschutz 4841 is very versatile. Google to get pictures. You can use just the metal base or use it with the wood block, or the just the block. It has been discontinued but they are sold often. It is the most popular rest at my club. Anschutz now relabels the MEC9910, and naturally the price tag is high.
http://ahg.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... &sprache=1
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Making one is pretty easy. And then you don't feel bad when you want to customize it! For reference, the brass bolts that are used in toilet mounting fit almost perfectly on the rail. May need a wee bit of filing, but should take less than 2 minutes.

If you want to buy one, I current use a TEC-HRO, but it isn't cheap. And I am not convinced it is better.
Matt