Walther LP400 Air Cylinder Tight

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RobinC

Tight

Post by RobinC »

Why try this and that, get the correct time (mid morning in Europe), phone
0049 7 31 1539 0, ask for the service dept and some one will tell you in minutes what the problem is.
hotmann

Re: Response I received from Walther to the question....

Post by hotmann »

See on the filling tool thread if dont have any smashed. The filling tool are made in steel, any smashed surface on thread destroy the cylinder thread and causes the problem os closing.
Happen when my filling tool feel to the floor. I need buy a new cylinder...

sspect wrote:You should put a small amount of grease on the threads of the regulator. It will transfer to the female threads on the cylinder. When screwing in the cylinder, if you meet any resistance, unscrew it and start again. Do not force it or you will damage the threads on the cylinder. Put a little grease on the threads of the air filling adapter also. After filling the cylinder, it is sometimes difficult to unscrew the cylinder from the adapter. Whenever it starts to get tight again, add a little more grease.

The gunsmiths recommend Super Lube® Grease, which you can get from www.pilkguns.com or a hardware store.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

"Super Lube" is much better at eliminating galling than any other greases I have tried. My assumption is the Teflon content is the key.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Just used a very small application of Superlube on a friends LP400 pistol, cylinder now screws onto the pistol, completely without going very tight.
Does what it says on the tin.