fwb 700 loading lever

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

peashooter

fwb 700 loading lever

Post by peashooter »

On my 2007 rifle the loading lever hits the rear sight when I move the sight to where I would like to have it. I don't think this is so unusual. What is the best way to deal with the problem? Cut the end of the lever off?
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

i think you can switch the lever over to the other side so that it does not hit the rearsight.
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

I tried to change it over but the parts are not completely ambidextrous - maybe on later models?. Anyway would still hit the sight.
EJ

Post by EJ »

They should be ambidextrous, my 2005 model is definitely so since I've done it!

I have also cut off the sides of the round piece so it's now straight and won't get stuck on the diopter.
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Thanks for that. I pulled it apart a while ago to try to swap it over. From memory the spring and the pivot pin was the problem - do you just knock it out and reverse it?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Yup, I used a plastic mallet and got mine to come out just fine. I had a problem of it fitting too snug some time ago and just lightly filed and lubed it, works like a dream.
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Just to confirm I understand - the steel pivot pin is a press fit in the aluminium lever?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Correct
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Checking the fwb website, there is a L & R arm and L & R spring. Even if I changed the direction of the steel pin the spring would be wrong.

So I cut the arm and screwed on a little dog legged plate to avoid the sight. Works perfectly and looks ok too.