Morini CM84E Owners ,advise please

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

scausi

Morini CM84E Owners ,advise please

Post by scausi »

Hi People ,
i have just purchased a new old stock cm84e free pistol , the battery is dead and at the moment i cant get a replacement,
the manual is a bit sketchy on instructions,
So my question to cm84e owners is this ,when i picked up the pistol from my transfer dealer i noticed the cocking lever was flopping around , i will asumme that the pistol has been cocked , i pushed it closed and this was with more preassure than i would thought it would need , as the manual suggests that the pistol is swithched off before loading and cocking .Is this normal or is it beacuse it has has already been cocked but the trigger has not been pulled , if that makes any sense, cheers S
conradin

Post by conradin »

If you absolutely cannot find the battery (I easily found mine), there is an alternate battery system that you can purchase that uses watch batteries.
David M

Post by David M »

Try Potter for the battery.
http://www.potfire.com.au/accessories/m ... ories.html
Some Camera shops also have them, I get mine for Camera House Rockdale.

Pulling the cocking lever upwards will compress a relaxed firing pin spring and cock the pistol.
Closing the lever will be firm as the breech is locked (lever goes slightly over centre near last part of downward travel).
If opened while cocked the lever is very free once you pass the breech lock point (no spring resistance).
With no battery you can release the firing pin by removing the grip and electronics, then manually activating the solenoid to release the sear.
Easier to get a battery.
PS/ Leaving the pistol cocked for any long length of time will eventually weaken the firing pin spring.
David M

Post by David M »

Also, don't worry about turning the electronics on/off while loading unless you have a really silly light trigger set (less than 15g).
The pistol has a light beam saftey fitted, but like all pistols don't slam it hard on the bench when loaded.
Nev C

Post by Nev C »

Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

You can easily re-pack your dead battery with 10 x 1.5v AG10 alkaline button cells (or the LR1130 which is the same thing). Pull the metal casing off with a pair of pliers and inside is a plastic tube containing ten cells plus a nipple top and bottom. Stack ten fresh cells into the tube, place the nipple on top & bottom along with the red plastic circle to indicate the +ve terminal (so you get the polarity correct), tape up with electricians tape and you have saved c.$15+ for ten minutes work. Search EBay for "AG10" and you will see that you can purchase about fifty AG10 cells for around $5. Mine seem to last as long as an original Varta v74px but if you like you can use the slightly more expensive silver oxide version of the cells (e.g. SR54 / 389 / SR1130SW). These put out the same voltage but have up to twice the capacity and will out-last an original Varta battery.
scausi

cm84e

Post by scausi »

Thanks All
yes i have ordered some of the ag10 batteries to repack the original Varta
.Does anybody know who sells the battery adapter as per Morini product page ,
What about the cocking lever is it fairly stiff/firm to open and close the breech?
once again thanks to all
cheers .S
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

There is a pin in the bolt that rides in a slot in the lever. That slot needs to be lubed from time to time - I use a graphite grease, but any good grease should do. Perhaps that is the problem?

Roger