Anschütz LP-@, deal or a dead end?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ojh

Anschütz LP-@, deal or a dead end?

Post by ojh »

I've been offered to buy an Anschütz LP-@ for 700 euros. Haven't seen the pistol yet, but it should be in almost new condition, I know the seller and believe his words. Cylinders are about to expire in summer 2016.

After some research I've found that this model is very much like the Steyr LP10, but Anschütz does not make it or any APs anymore. Spare parts seem to be available at the moment, and Steyr cylinders should fit. OTOH Anschütz states that they may not be able to keep parts available for discontinued models. Have no idea of how interchangeable the other parts (seals etc) are with Steyr.

So I'm asking your advice, should I get it? Can I expect to keep it ticking, say, 10-15 years? Or is it likely to end up as an expensive paperweight much sooner?

Some background: I'm currently using a Feinwerkbau C25. It's in good condition and a great pistol in many respects, but has noticeable recoil and I've not been able to adjust the trigger quite to my liking. Plus, its CO2 tanks are 20+ years old, and the large reservoir tank would need a pressure test before I can have it filled again. So I'd have to invest some 200€ to it to keep it in use and competition legal. I've been starting to think that the money is better spent to a modern pistol.
dronning

Post by dronning »

The Anschütz LP-@ is essentially the same as an LP10.

Have you seen the deal the trade in deal Pilkguns is running

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=42488
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
conradin

Post by conradin »

Get a Steyr 1, 10, or 10E. Stick with it for life, then you don't need to worry about parts. LP1 should be closer to the Anschutz in market value.
Rover

Post by Rover »

LP@ is made in the Steyr factory. It just looks a bit different.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

My new Steyr LP10 for May,2013 has a Anschutz logo under the grip.
ojh

Post by ojh »

Thank you all for the facts and opinions, they gave me the courage to buy the LP-@. So far I am more than pleased with it!
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

If I remember correctly Anschütz owns Steyr so they don't make pistols anymore. I might be misinformed however.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

I've owned two LP@'s. The first one didn't have the ported barrel.
ojh

Post by ojh »

If you don't mind, I still have one totally irrelevant question: when the LP-@ and the LP10 were both in the market, which one was more expensive?
rmca

Post by rmca »

ojh wrote:If you don't mind, I still have one totally irrelevant question: when the LP-@ and the LP10 were both in the market, which one was more expensive?
From what I recall, the LP-@ was a bit cheaper, around 100/200 euros less than a LP10.

Hope this helps