Shooting Coat Stitching

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bbryer33

Shooting Coat Stitching

Post by Bbryer33 »

I have seen countless numbers of competitors who have their names on their shooting coats and I would like to know how I would get that done? Usually their first name is on their jacket and their last name is on the pants
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

Most (probably all) those with names on the coat and pants are custom suits. You include the name along with the measurements and the manufacturer puts the letters on when they make the suit

I'm sure it could be done after the suit is made, but it would take a lot of work. It is against the rules to sew layers together so the inner and outer layers would have to be separated, then the letters sewn on, then the garment sewn back together.

I guess one option might be iron on letters. That should work without any major effort.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

I have a local tailor that has done some fixes to my daughter's off the rack coat. I bet he could easily stitch on some letters.

I believe that the stitching can't go through the liner so the tailor would need to un-stitch the liner, add the letters and stitch the liner back up.

Just stop in with the coat to a local tailor and ask if they can do it.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

My name is too long to fit. When I had my custom coat made, I had them use my email address instead. I don't have a Twitter account. Looks good.

Dennis L
mobarron

Post by mobarron »

You might look for an individual or small business that does embroidery for promotional items. Often they will have a heavy duty sewing machines that are computerized and could create the name. Mike Barron