Olympic Arms 300 SSM rifle and cartridge

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tindra

Olympic Arms 300 SSM rifle and cartridge

Post by tindra »

What do you think of the Olympic Arms 300 SSM rifle and cartridge? I was considering a purchasing this for deer hunting but I'm not sure of the manufactures reliability. The cartridge is very pricey also ($54.xx per 20 round box). I don't know if they make dies for reloading the ammo. Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Marc Orvin »

First of all, Olympic Arms is not top notch stuff to start with. Then going with a proprietary cartridge is a losing proposition all the way around. This round doesn't do anything that a dozen other 30 cal rounds already do that are standard, off the shelf, buy anywhere cartridges.

Sounds like a poor idea to me.

Your mileage may vary.
Jimro

Post by Jimro »

Posting a thread about Olympic Arms in the Olympic Rifle forum....I see what you did there.

Oly makes a decent product, but they don't do a lot of the "milspec" steps that drive up cost (chrome bores, etc).

For the cost I would recommend an M&P-10 in 308 Win for hunting. That way you are not stuck with a wildcat cartridge.

Jimro
Last edited by Jimro on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLS

Post by DLS »

I didn't know why, but something about the OP seemed familiar so I did a search.

This exact same question, word for word, punctuation mark for mark, was asked in Yahoo answers ... over three years ago.

Curious!

Lee
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

DLS wrote:I didn't know why, but something about the OP seemed familiar so I did a search.

This exact same question, word for word, punctuation mark for mark, was asked in Yahoo answers ... over three years ago.

Curious!

Lee
I noted the same thing when searching this caliber!! Very Odd...