Pardini SP, what weights are you using, what experiences?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Murph

Pardini SP, what weights are you using, what experiences?

Post by Murph »

I am shooting a new Pardini SP 22 in local bullseye matches. I have been experimenting this week with the weights in the front shroud. In my short time trying this I have found that I score much higher in slow fire with no weights. Unfortunately, my timed and rapid are a bit tougher to get back on center of target again as quickly as I could with the weights. So far, I shoot better slow but slightly worse in T and R with no weights. With the weights in the gun, I struggle with slow but my timed and rapid are better.

Anyone else with a pardini done any experimenting like this?
NDbullseye

Post by NDbullseye »

I have been using all the weights in on my SP bullseye using irons. I have the bottom weight on each side with the spring towards the back of the gun and the rest with the spring towards the front of the gun. That seemed to help damper most of the felt recoil for me in timed and rapid. I have shot some of my best scores with this gun setup like this. I started out shooting dots and switched to irons completely.

I haven't noticed my slow fires dropping or gaining from the weights but most definately in timed and rapid.
cgroppi

Post by cgroppi »

On my SP, I have 4 of 6 weights installed, all with the spring to the front. The four are the ones surrounding the barrel. On the 32ACP barrel, I have all 6 installed with springs forward.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't have your gun, but I can tell you that a point is a point. If you can score higher in Timed and Rapid, you will quickly make up for what you lose in Slow
crankythunder

while I like a heavy pistol........

Post by crankythunder »

I have four of the six weights steel as supplied from pardini....

The two bottom weights are the heavy tungsten weights...

I am thinking about getting more tungsten but not sure..... I certainly do not want to go lighter.

Regards,
Crankster
ghillieman

Pardini weights

Post by ghillieman »

I have the older Pardini with four weights. All four weights are in the pistol with the springs forward to absorb the recoil. The recoil is basically just a little blip, works great for me.
bullseyeshutr

Pardini weights

Post by bullseyeshutr »

I have the SPBE and have a .32S&W conversion. I like my pistol heavy so I ended up with 4 tungston on top and 2 steel on bottom. I put the springs on the face plate side for just the middle weights and all others on the rear. This has been my favorite combination so far for .32S&W.

The load is 100gr H&N .314 HBWC with 1.5gr N-310 roll crimp.
38HBWC

Pardini Rapid fire

Post by 38HBWC »

I have the Old Pardini SP22. I have have the weights in normal position. I installed a compensator from Shooter's Box. I have noticed a rather impressive jet of gasses shooting toward the ceiling. The recoil pulse and muzzle rise is minimal. Equally minimal is the recovery time for the following shot in timed/rapid. I have a notion you may possibly benefit from some affordable customizing.