Feinwerkbau AW93 Electronic Trigger?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ChipEck

Feinwerkbau AW93 Electronic Trigger?

Post by ChipEck »

Does anyone know if the Feinwerkbau AW93 is available with an electronic trigger?

I am looking for a bullseye pistol with electronic trigger. Maybe I am not thinking correctly, but the reason I want an electronic trigger to to help with dry firing. That way I would not have to cock the gun between shots to dry fire. Thanks,

Chip
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No, it's not.
crankythunder

hello chip

Post by crankythunder »

not sure if it is applicable but I just purchased a pardini for bullseye shooting. I definitely wanted a pardini based on testing out a couple teammates/competitors pardinis, walthers, fwb's, and hammerlis. Once I determined that a pardini was the one for me, I thought that I wanted the electronic trigger model for dry fire practice.

I spoke with emil at pardini and with their experience, they do not recommend the electroinic pardini for bullseye based on the trigger technique required for timed and rapid fire, insuch as it is a different technique then Olympic style pistol. Now, not having competed Olympic, I cannot comment on trigger technique so I went with the advice of the expert.

Pardini does offer a specific bullseye model with a slightly heavier bolt that is designed for the requirements of bullseye.

For what it is worth, I am very happy with my purchase and yes, I do have to cock my gun for dry fire practice (they supply a plug for dry fire), but it is not that bad.

Regards,
Cranky
ChipEck

Re: hello chip

Post by ChipEck »

Thanks to both of you,

Chip
Isabel1130

Re: Feinwerkbau AW93 Electronic Trigger?

Post by Isabel1130 »

ChipEck wrote:Does anyone know if the Feinwerkbau AW93 is available with an electronic trigger?

I am looking for a bullseye pistol with electronic trigger. Maybe I am not thinking correctly, but the reason I want an electronic trigger to to help with dry firing. That way I would not have to cock the gun between shots to dry fire. Thanks,

Chip
Well this question was asked in the Olympic pistol forum, to I am going to assume that maybe you are interested in shooting an Olympic pistol discipline.
The question that needs to be asked, is why do you think you would get less benefit out of a pistol that needs to be cocked in between shots when dry firing?
If you really need more sustained fire practice in triggering, I would suggest the LP50. I believe on mine you can load an empty five shot magazine, and dry fire an entire string, if that is what you want, and that is a very nice mechanical trigger.
The big issue in rapid fire, is not the repetitive triggering but the recoil. There are some drills you can do to improve your triggering for sustained fire. Hold the trigger back while you action the slide, bring the gun up to the target, and release the trigger and then dry fire it. This is an old Bullseye technique. Another good drill is at the range doing live fire, drop the magazine, shoot the last chambered round, and then dry fire on the empty chamber.
The AW-93 is a great gun for dry firing because you don't need a plug to keep from damaging the firing pin.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Dry-firing isn't a really good exercise to do, you're better off over-pressuring the trigger.

All dry-firing does is help you 'learn' the exact amount of pressure required to release the hammer, then you go to a match and your perception changes - hence the syndrome of squeezing and squeezing and the thing still won't go off at the pressure you think it should.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

JamesH wrote:Dry-firing isn't a really good exercise to do, you're better off over-pressuring the trigger.

All dry-firing does is help you 'learn' the exact amount of pressure required to release the hammer, then you go to a match and your perception changes - hence the syndrome of squeezing and squeezing and the thing still won't go off at the pressure you think it should.
With respect, I have never read anything on Target Talk that I disagree with more. Dry firing does FAR more than this. For slow fire / air / free dry firing is better than live fire 90% of the time. Less so for duello / timed / rapid, but still useful.

The problem of match vs practice is true regardless of live vs dry firing.
dronning

Post by dronning »

SteveT wrote:
JamesH wrote:Dry-firing isn't a really good exercise to do, you're better off over-pressuring the trigger.

With respect, I have never read anything on Target Talk that I disagree with more. Dry firing does FAR more than this. For slow fire / air / free dry firing is better than live fire 90% of the time. Less so for duello / timed / rapid, but still useful.

The problem of match vs practice is true regardless of live vs dry firing.
Steve thank you for calling this out.

When 12 time national champion Brian Zins takes the time to explain to a new shooter (it was my 3rd match) about the importance of dry fire training I think I'll listen to Brian

Brian Zins on dry fire training
http://williamdutton.com/phpwebsite_1_5 ... d=2&page=3
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I disagree.

'Overpressuring' is just the same process of applying pressure to the trigger as happens in 'dry-firing', except there is no 'click'.

I don't see the value of the click, people think they learn the exact pressure needed to make it happen, turn up to a match and then can't get the shot to go off at all.

The hammer falling is the middle of the process, not the end.