Feinwerkbau 65

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

A very interesting pistol indeed. The pistol has the resemblance of a FAS 606.
Is the cocking effort easier than a FWB 103, and what is the value of the CM800E?
Attachments
FAS 606.jpg
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No, the 103 is far easier to cock than the 800E. And the 606 is, IMO, nicer to shoot, even if it's as slow as molasses. All in all, I wouldn't shoot the 800E, but I find it a fascinating piece of engineering. Value is whatever gets paid :-)
BenHHH

Post by BenHHH »

All my apologies for my "waterproof", I wanted to say "airproof" of course.

I know another side lever pistol but I can't remember the exact name : Jönikeit? Jonikeil? Quite rare but match air pistol !

I have 2 Air Match 600 and 2 Fas (1 AP604 and 1 AP606).
Due to their mecanical conception, the Air Match and the AP606 are very fragil. I think that the Pistol builders had reached the limites of complexity.
They are very nice but the metallic parts get damaged if you use them intensively. And, no hope to find spare parts for them, AirMatch disapears and Fas doesn't have any parts for the 606 (I asked them).

Nevertheless, the AP604 is a very lightweight and good pistol, accurate and with a great stability, easy and cheap to maintain and to repair by yourself, and still in production by FAS DOMINO.
Attachments
Fas AP604 (2.jpg
JiriK

Post by JiriK »

Ben, do you have a how to guide on AP604 trigger adjustment?
I have AP604 too. It´s grip is closer fit to my hand than the Morini that came with fwb 65. But trigger on this AP604 is horrible..

My 65 now has new seals and spring. I tested it yesterday. If the grip was better fit and trigger shoe closer...

edit: Tried my shooting club´s 65 pistols today. They all have stock grips. Those fit a lot better in my hand than the Morini grip I have..
Last edited by JiriK on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j-team

Post by j-team »

[quote="JiriK"]Ben, do you have a how to guide on AP604 trigger adjustment?[quote]

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spfas604.htm
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

BenHHH wrote:I know another side lever pistol but I can't remember the exact name : Jönikeit? Jonikeil? Quite rare but match air pistol !
The maker is Detlef Joniskeit from germany, the company is called "Waffentechnik", the air pistol was the "Hurrikan"
http://www.joniskeit-1.de/Luftpistolen/ ... ote-a.html
(sorry, only in german). It had a very low muzzle vel around 120 m/s, which is 394 fps.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Ulrich Eichstädt wrote:...It had a very low muzzle vel around 120 m/s, which is 394 fps.
Not sure that this is 'very low velocity'. Most CO2 pistols were set in the 390 to 410fps range for best accuracy
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

I don't know, how match(!) CO2-pistols (= with large tank) are sold in the USA or outside germany.

If Feinwerkbau, Walther, Hämmerli, Morini, Pardini etc: all of these co2 pistols have been tested by VISIER, the german gun magazine, between 1987 and 1996, and I was the reviewing editor. And the CO2 guns before that time I have tested myself as shooter and coach in several pellet tests at H & N or RWS factory (with my own guns and those of team members). Not a single one of these pistols from Walther CP2 over FWB C10, 20, 25 etc. had a factory set muzzle velocity under 130, mostly 135 to 140 m/s. That is minimum 427 fps, 140 m/s are 460 fps. In some of the old manuals you can still find the factory setting, even though it's better to have checked individually (paper is patient, as we say in germany).

Any lower velocity would not have been accepted by most of the target shooters, because 130 m/s could be reached also with a single pump pistol like the FWB 100 or the Walther LP3 or with the FWB 65 (125 m/s) (apart from their obvious disadvantages of course like "muscle power" for pumping or only retarded recoil with the 65).

115 m/s (390 fps) is the factory setting here at Umarex for CO2-pistols with a 12-gram-capsule but not for match air pistols of the 80's.
Rover

Post by Rover »

My FWB 100 reached well over 500 fps with light pellets. My FWB 65 hit about 480 (never mind the 525 claimed by Beeman). No one loves puny!
BenHHH

FAS 604 trigger

Post by BenHHH »

For jirik
A solution to have a better FAS604's trigger is to change the trigger spring (part number 274) or to ''releive'' it.
I measured the trigger's weight before to adjust this spring : 600 grammes
After : 510 grammes which is better.

I know that it is very boring to adjust this trigger but when you find the good adjustment, it is a real pleasure!!!
If you turn too much a screw, it doesn't shoot and you have to adjust the other screw... And so on, and so on...

One question : how old is your FAS? What is its serial number?
I know that old ones are more efficient and mechanicaly adjusted than recent ones. Mine is quite old, N° 7223. probably made at the end of the 70's !!! I realised 549/600 with it.

Good luck
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

BenHHH wrote:Nevertheless, the AP604 is a very lightweight and good pistol, accurate and with a great stability, easy and cheap to maintain and to repair by yourself, and still in production by FAS DOMINO.
The new FAS AP6004 should be out soon.

Apart from the ambidextrous grips I don't know how it differs from the 604.
JiriK

Re: FAS 604 trigger

Post by JiriK »

BenHHH, My pistol is SN: 14564.

I did some adjusting and got the trigger better. Still quite heavy, but I adjust that some other time.