Feedback on a Pardini K12 sought....

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Leon

Feedback on a Pardini K12 sought....

Post by Leon »

I'm just about ready to order one of these and as there are none in Australia as yet, this will be a sight unseen purchase.

I'm interested in obtaining comments from any existing K12 owners out there before I place an order. Am using a 162EI Short at the moment.
echoindia

K12

Post by echoindia »

I'd also like to see a review of the K12. Pardini's website says the K12 has a "new trigger mechanism." I have a Pardini K2S, which I think has an excellent trigger. I wrote to PardiniUSA about a month ago to ask for a description of the K12's trigger, but I never got a response.
scerir

Re: K12

Post by scerir »

echoindia wrote:I'd also like to see a review of the K12. Pardini's website says the K12 has a "new trigger mechanism." I have a Pardini K2S, which I think has an excellent trigger. I wrote to PardiniUSA about a month ago to ask for a description of the K12's trigger, but I never got a response.
The K12 trigger has a different feeling. Clean but much more easy than K10 (which wasn't better than K2s, IMO). You can see why looking at the picture here (different design, angles, levers, etc.).
Attachments
K12 -1.jpg
Leon

Post by Leon »

Scerir - and would you know how the K12 compares to a LP10 or 162EI?
scerir

Post by scerir »

Leon wrote:Scerir - and would you know how the K12 compares to a LP10 or 162EI?
TRIGGER
Lp10 = dry, clean, crisp, (not so easy to control?), (isometric action of the finger?)
162E = long, smooth, (isotonic action of the finger?)
K12 = clean, short, sort of "surprise shot", (easy to control?)

BALANCE
Lp10 = heavy enough, stable, barycenter forward (but not nosy)
162E = not so stable (but it is around 1,050 grams!), barycenter rearward
K12 = very well balanced, despite its poor weight
SIA

Post by SIA »

scerir,how difficult is it to load the pellets into the k12
scerir

Post by scerir »

SIA wrote:scerir,how difficult is it to load the pellets into the k12
As far as I know it is not difficult at all. (Here in Italy many shooters are selling their K10, and k2s, for the new K12. I'm pondering about that. That is because the trigger is much better, they say).
jipe

Post by jipe »

I tested the K12 and was impressed by the trigger, just like scerir says: clean, short, sort of "surprise shot". Really easier to control was also my impression, but I can't be sure, I didn't shot enough with it.

About the ease to load a pellet, well, the breech is a clone of the LP10 breech and the pellet loading is very similar to the one of the LP10.

Note that not only the trigger is new, the breech also since it has now an absorber that from the outside looks very much to the one of the LP10 (but according to Pardini, it uses a magnetic system ?). So the K12, even if it looks similar to the K10, is actually a fully new pistol.
william

Post by william »

Thank you for the images. But couldn't you do something to increase your depth of field? f128, perhaps ;-)
jipe

Post by jipe »

These picures aren't mine, they come from: http://www.all4shooters.com/it/Gallerie ... rdini_K12/
scerir

Post by scerir »

Regarding the magic trigger of the K12, which seems to be clean, silky, short, but also easy and controllable, I think, well, I'm sure that it is due to the invention of Roberto Di Donna (DiDo) and Pardini himself (who was also a shooter, in the '70s).
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Pls tell me mord about this pistol guys!
j danielsson

Post by j danielsson »

When properly adjusted even K2 has better trigger than any electronic.
The trigger of the K12 is superior to anything.

I can hardly tell if I have loaded 2 pellets or none by the non existing feel of recoil.
Only the sound gives a hint, and the fact that it is done on purpose of course.
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Hows the Pardinis balance? I think thats the biggest plus for The Steyr compared to other pistols.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Depends on where you put the weights - out of the box, none of them all suits me well. The Pardini tank seems incredibly light, and the pistol is pretty light, but that might be the colour :-) Had no problems balancing my K12, enough options to add weight. The rear frame feels a bit more substantial (weight-wise) than the LP10, which is fine for my taste.
JiriK

Post by JiriK »

How does the trigger of K12 compare to trigger of LP10e?

Also, I have read that Pardini offers L, M and S size grips. For what size hand is that L shaped for? I have size L grip in my Steyr.

Put my LP10e for sale today.. Thinking about ordering K12.
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

JiriK wrote:How does the trigger of K12 compare to trigger of LP10e?

Also, I have read that Pardini offers L, M and S size grips. For what size hand is that L shaped for? I have size L grip in my Steyr.

Put my LP10e for sale today.. Thinking about ordering K12.
Sorry guys for the absence, I misplaced our password for this website and when I couldn't find it, I forgot about it as we have been traveling from competition to competition nonstop.

to answer your grip question, if you are large on Steyr you will be large with our grips. In addition, if by chance you do consider ordering one, the grip can be exchanged for free so long as no modifications have been made.

To discuss the difference in trigger, coming from a shooter's eyes (I primarily shoot air pistol for the US) the K12 is a crisp, easy to control trigger. When I am coming into the target and ready to take the shot, I am able in a swift but controlled motion take the shot without much movement in my finger which translates to no movement in the sights. The crispness and balancing inside of the mechanics of the trigger also make it seem lighter than what it actually is.

From a shooters standpoint (not as a part of business) I prefer the K12 trigger over the LP10. Whenever I have tested and felt the LP10 trigger I have always thought of it as being a slow, large trigger with lots of movement inside. Whenever I take the shot I feel too many vibrations from the springs inside of the gun and it gives it a feeling of a sluggish trigger as though it does not go off when you want it to. But this is all personal opinion.

Hope this helps!

Alex
JiriK

Post by JiriK »

Alex, Did you compare to LP10 with mechanical trigger or LP10e that has electronic trigger?
Leon

Post by Leon »

As the original poster, all I can say is that I'm thrilled with mine, no regrets whatsoever.

it's fit and finish is better than the Morini 162EI and Steyr LP10 that it replaced, and the trigger? What can I say, but wow !
scerir

Post by scerir »

K12. I've seen new cylinders, they are already are out, easier to unscrew. Same weight. Also the trigger mechanism - as far as I know - had some refinement. The point of contact between trigger lever and second lever is much more clean (little iron ball is there).