SP20 .32 ammo

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

Doesn't seem to be sticking out in the picture, that doesn't mean it has nothing to do with the jam though...

Tycho

Post by Tycho »

David is right about the firing pin issue. Another thing I've noticed over the years is that some extractor claws are too sharp / tight to grab the slightly banged up rims of reloaded ammo. Some file work on the extractor there does wonders.
ruig

Post by ruig »

Rim held by magazine lips.

What exactly doesn't allow cartridge freely leave magazine...

Not firing pin - 100%. It is not broken and if I slowly open chamber on uncooked pistol - I can see that pin is always "at home".

Recoil buffer - possible. Shorter path of slide means less time to pop up.

Extractor - possible, although there is enough space.
ruig

Post by ruig »

plus...
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I'm just guessing, but if there are any burrs or even just a sharp edge on the inside of the ramps of the magazine lips (the angled portion on the back of the front lips), they could dig into the brass and prevent it from sliding up the bolt face. This could be a magazine issue, or possibly soft brass.
RB6

Post by RB6 »

Image 5223 doesn't look right...... when the rim of the round is past the rear lips of the magazine , mag spring should be pushing the round out of the mag at this point behind the extractor. Once the round is positioned under the extractor the bolt will push the round up the ramp of the front lips. The cartridge will be positioned to rise to full seating in the bolt face.

But , in all the photos that are shown, there is not one photo that shows the round under the extractor. The problem is very early in the bolt extracting the round from the magazine. I think it is a faulty mag. One fault would be a weak spring or another would be too much tension of the front mag lips and not releasing the round suficiently enough to get under the extractor
ruig

Post by ruig »

I noticed trace on all jammed cases leaved by ramp. The ramp had inner sharp edge.
I had removed that sharp edge. Tests next Saturday.
ruig

Post by ruig »

By the way. I have bought digital caliper and...

Case diameter: 8.5mm
Rim diameter: 9.44mm
Distance between rear lips: 7.95mm
David M

Post by David M »

Was this misfeed problem ever resolved ?
ruig

Post by ruig »

David M wrote:Was this misfeed problem ever resolved ?
Yes.

1) Barrel Feed Ramp polished
2) Weaker recoil spring installed