Which LP10?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
xpshooter

Post by xpshooter »

Hello,

Can a person change the barrel and shroud assembly on the LP10. This would mean that a change from short to long would only be a purchase of a barrel and schroud. I have heard someone guess the shroud cost around $200. I know for a Dan Wesson 8" compensated barrel & shroud it was about $500 a few years ago.

Xpshooter
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I swapped barrel, shroud and tanks on my LP50e from long to short, three years ago. Cost me nearly a thousand bucks. But it's easy to do by yourself, 5 minutes.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hell, for a thousand bucks I would have bought another pistol. Maybe it was worth it, though.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yes, it looks really cute with the short barrel. And try to find a short 50e, good luck...
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Since I have a LP50E and a LP10E Compact, can I swap barrels between this pistols?
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

I decided to try out some of the lower end models before deciding between the long and the compact. I have the Avanti 747 and the IZH 46M.

One thing these pistols have taught me is the importance of grip, and especially having enough slant to allow rotating the wrist all the way down and forward to lock it in place. The IZH handle provides more slant than the Avanti, and I am trying to cut it with a dremel tool, but I am having difficulty getting enough slant into it.

I read that the steyr grips have more slant and that they are also adjustable. How do they adjust? Is it possible I would need to get a different type of grip even for the steer lp10 to get enough slant? If so, what type of grip will fit it and provide more slant?

I'm also learning that I will probably want the compact LP10, as pilkguns suggested. With the shorter barrel, won't I need even more slant in the grip to stick the front sight up higher and require more rotation, like the long barrel? Is that a potential issue I will have to deal with?