SCATT SOLUTION NOT REGISTERING SHOTS

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

guidolastra

SCATT SOLUTION NOT REGISTERING SHOTS

Post by guidolastra »

I wonder if anyone can help. I use a Scatt solution (black box) and I am having with the sensor detecting the moment of the shot. The green trace is OK, but actual shot is not registered for at least 4 or 5 shots at the beggining. It happens also when I switch from Sighting to competition, and when I change an empty case on my rifle (22LR). I am not sure if this is related to the new software or the hardware (sensor ?) itself. Any help will be appreciated....
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Have you tried increasing the sensitivity of the sensor?
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

yes, i got it as low as it could go on the calibration window, as recommended.
it is 0,5%
BM

Post by BM »

It seems to be a software issue. Try to reinstall the Scatt software; check scatt.com for latest version and make sure you have all drivers installed.

If this doesn't work I would suggest to try a different computer.

If it's hardware; where is your sensor mounted on the rifle?
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

BM wrote:It seems to be a software issue. Try to reinstall the Scatt software; check scatt.com for latest version and make sure you have all drivers installed.

If this doesn't work I would suggest to try a different computer.

If it's hardware; where is your sensor mounted on the rifle?
Thanks, I'll try that. The sensor is mounted below the barrel, midway from receiver to front sight
RossM

Post by RossM »

You haven't run into the problem of keeping the rifle aimed at the target and the software automatically setting itself for the next shot. Then when you put in another empty shell the rifle moves sufficiently away from the target and shows the shot correctly?

there is a reset time in the setup somewhere that "turns off" the system to allow the screen to show all you want. Then when the times up it starts the trace again.

This can be annoying sometimes if the time is too long and you fire too soon and there is bugger all trace for that shot!!