FWB air rifle sight cracked... Can I use anschuetz 7002/20

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Eaglecrossing

FWB air rifle sight cracked... Can I use anschuetz 7002/20

Post by Eaglecrossing »

Daughters rear sight dovetail block For her FWB P70 has a crack. To store her rifle in her case, she always has to take off her sights so I am concerned that one day at a match the sight will no longer go on or there will be a problem.
Is that a valid concern or should it be "no problem" ??
She has anschuetz universal sight, 20 click, sights on the smallbore rifle... Could/should we just have her use those sights or is there a problem with that?? (will it be too much of a problem to be dialing in at matches??? )
If we should buy new sights, any input? Can we just buy the block? Where and what sights are recommended?

She shoots competitively and hopes to be on a college team someday.
Thank you for any and all input.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

The obvious answer is to try the Anschutz rearsight on the FWB rifle. Other shooters have done this (see http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... light=7002) before, but there can be some difference in tolerance bteween individual rifles and sights. Lots of 10m shooters use the 7002 rearsight, so it's should not be an issue in that regard, but yes there may be quite a bit of turret twisting to re-zero.

When you say the dovetail block, do you mean the dovetail in the rearsight itself, the dovetail on the rifle, or a clamp-on raiser block?
If it's the dovetail in the sight or rifle, then I would imagine you cannot buy a new one, these are integral part (particularly of the sight). You can buy a new raiser block very easily.

As for a new rearsight, it depends on how deep your pocket is. At the cheap end you have the Gehamnn Compact, and the MEC Free Sight near the expensive end. In between there is the Anschutz 7002, the Centra Spy or 10-50 and many others.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The Universal sight should fit.

The issue you will have is that there will be quite a large adjustment going from a 10m air rifle to a 50ft/50m smallbore POI.
This is a VERY USEFUL set of adjustments to have in a logbook anyway, just in case something like this happens to a sight and a shooter needs to switch ... I've seen it happen at National matches where there was an issue or question if a sight was operating properly ... nice to be able to swap the sights out from your other gun and be confident you know you'll only be a few clicks off.

In any case, you should just go ahead and plan on forking out the bucks to either getting the FWB sight fixed or getting a new sight for the airgun ... you don't want to just be relying on one sight set for both guns.

I have shooters that have now -or- are going to the Anschutz Universal 20 click for both guns for just that reason ... that they can swap either sight set to either gun if necessary. A hit to the wallet, but a lot of peace of mind.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

What is the difference between the 7002 and 7020 rear sight?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

redschietti wrote:What is the difference between the 7002 and 7020 rear sight?
Anschutz defines the Universal (#0968) 20 click rear sight as a 7002/20
--and---
defines the same rear sight along with the (#6832) front sight set as the 7020/20.
(???)
http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... &sprache=1