brno again

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

What do you guys know of/think of Brno's new MK 8 air pistol? It ticks a lot of boxes but little is known of it.
william

Post by william »

If you think there isn't a TAU7 for you to try, what might be the chances of finding a MK8 in NZ? What is it that's less than naught?
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

Importing direct from Czechoslovakia. Much cheapr freight than from eg Germany, and brand new cylinders. Cost about the same as a tired gun here in NZ. Otherwise sight unseen,
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

Importing direct from Czechoslovakia. Much cheapr freight than from eg Germany, and brand new cylinders. Cost about the same as a tired gun here in NZ. Otherwise sight unseen,
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

william

Post by william »

I believe the correct expression in Czech is "Hodně zdaru." Good luck. I've requested information from them several times and never received so much as an email reply. Even if you succeed in buying one, what are your options if it fails or - worse - arrives with a defect? And who do you think will offer any money to take it off your hands when you tire of it? If you were being truthful in your previous thread, and you want something with a fairly neutral to rear weight balance, go find a used Walther: either the CO2 or PCP model with vertical cylinder. Or are there other criteria you haven't mentioned?
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

William, I will send you the email address I have been using and getting replies within 36 hours. And you are dead right--I do seek something which is neutral to rearward weight. I am presently dry firing with my Walther CP2 which I bought locally and found half the innards missing and but that is more weight forward, like most PCP guns, unlike the FWB 65 or Tau 7. Am only hoping that the adjustability of the MK 8 grip allows me to fit the grip to me. Some say preferring weight rearward is a phase the youth go through until they gather strength in their arm but I am quite strong and just prefer weight rearward, unlike eg the Walther GSP standard pistol.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I've had a MK8 in my hands, and while it's better trash than the Tau-7, it's still trash, compared to the 1st tier guns - can't build a BMW for the price of a Dacia, even the Czech. You like the balance to the rear, IMO, get yourself a short Morini or a short Steyr and stick some lead to the grip.
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

William, the email address that is definitely alive, is taubrno@taubrno.com.The girl at the end is Veronika and she has been very co-operative. If you get no joy then I can only put it down to racial bias,afterall you guys beat us poor little kiwis in the Americas Cup yachting last week and we are still in mourning.
Spencer

Re: brno again

Post by Spencer »

rickard9 wrote:...afterall you guys beat us poor little kiwis in the Americas Cup yachting last week and we are still in mourning.
after all, the Australians on the USA boat beat the Australians on the kiwi boat in the Americas Cup yachting last week and we are still in mourning :)
pauln

Re: brno again

Post by pauln »

Spencer wrote:
rickard9 wrote:...afterall you guys beat us poor little kiwis in the Americas Cup yachting last week and we are still in mourning.
after all, the Australians on the USA boat beat the Australians on the kiwi boat in the Americas Cup yachting last week and we are still in mourning :)
Could be wrong but think there were more Kiwis on both boats than Australians lol and of cause both boats were made in NZ
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Not sure these things qualify as "boats". IMO, a boat needs to have substantial parts in the water, otherwise it's an airplane... And the last time real boats were used, the Kiwis on the Kiwi boat got clobbered by the Kiwis on the Swiss boat :-D
rickard9

brno again

Post by rickard9 »

And Switzerland is a land locked country. So where did they get their yachting expertise from? New Zealand
william

Post by william »

I must have just stepped out of a time warp. I always thought (when I bothered to think about it at all) the America's Cup was for sailboats. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this these things are barely boats and don't exactly have sails.

As to the AP query, there is no adjustment you could possible make to the TAU grip that will move mass from the front of the pistol rearward. The trick is to eliminate forward mass and place it closer to your hand. Again - either of the vertical cylinder Walthers or, if you insist on buying new, a Hämmerli whatever their newest model is (AP20?).