Uptagrafft bloop tube and tuner

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DavePat

Uptagrafft bloop tube and tuner

Post by DavePat »

I just ordered a new Anschutz 2013 barreled action with the 690mm barrel in a 2018 Precise stock to be used strictly for prone shooting. I'd like to order an Uptagrafft bloop tube with tuner but am unsure as to what length to order. They come in 8, 10 and 12 inch.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Have you used an extension tube before? I would assume not.

The longer tubes obviously provide a longer sight radius, but are slightly heavier. Personally I'd suggest getting the 12in tube. If it feels too muzzle heavy , you can cut it down until it does. If the weight feels good, you get more felxibility over your sight radius than with the shorter tube.
DavePat

Post by DavePat »

I actually presently use a 16.5 inch barrel and a 10 inch tube but am now going to the longer and heavier barrel for strictly prone and was wondering what most people use.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Get the 12inch. You can always bring the front sight farther back if you think it is too much.
I have a 12 inch tuner from him. I like it.
matt
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

I had the 12" also but had it cut down to 8" because I thought it too heavy for me, I have a 26" barrel.

Comes down to personal preference.
Jason

Post by Jason »

DavePat wrote:I actually presently use a 16.5 inch barrel and a 10 inch tube but am now going to the longer and heavier barrel for strictly prone and was wondering what most people use.
I wouldn't order anything until you receive the rifle and have a chance to shoot it -- it has a 27" barrel, which is .5" longer than the sight radius you're already used to (16.5" barrel + 10" tube = 26.5").

Jason
tenring

Post by tenring »

You won't be able to make an accurate order either as you don't know the "exact" diameter of the barrel on the last two inches. Needs to be perfect.

Tenring