Grip Mod Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dddstudio

Grip Mod Question

Post by dddstudio »

Hi!

Is it possible to do a mod like this:

I have noticed that when I set my Morini palm rest that it is comfortable near my wrist, there is a gap under my fingers. I want to eliminate this gap with some material. Is this ISSF legal?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yes.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Front to back curvature is permitted. Not side to side in an enclosing curvature however, and not enclosing the fingers. Here is the drawing from the 2013 ISSF rule book.
Attachments
air_pistol_grip_rules.png
dddstudio

Post by dddstudio »

Thanks!

So it looks like as long as there is no side-to-side curvature, my mod is good to go :)
dddstudio

Post by dddstudio »

I have finished the mod. I have carved a piece of wood for that piece. It looks alright. I might try to get a photo.

In the meantime I have another question:
I'm trying to experiment with little additions here and there with little pieces of a leather-like material. Especially at the groove of the finger next to my pointing finger. (The first finger under the trigger). I do not really want to add putty all over, just a little leather would suit me fine I think. Is it possible to fix 1-2 layer of leather to the stipled wood grip somehow? I would like it to be removable and non-destructive.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

If you used a children's grade contact cement, that stuff is weak enough that it ought to peel out of the stippling with some fussy work. An eraser rubbing it would probably pick up most of the glue. I've not tried this, just a suggestion as a fairly weak adhesive. Just don't use normal contact cement, and do a test on a similar surface first, waiting a couple of days or longer then peeling your leather-like material off and trying to get the glue off. If it works that may be an indication it's a safe bet.

Then again, it's just a grip. If it gets a bit messy who really cares, grips are replaceable, right?