score a pistol target

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
manjoola
Spammer

score a pistol target

Post by manjoola »

How do you score a pistol target? I have been encouraged to enter a pistol competition. I have searched everywhere and can't find an answer to how a pistol target is scored. I am talking about .22 if that makes a difference. Can someone please explain it to me? Or point me to a website I haven't been able to find?
Last edited by manjoola on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
David M

Post by David M »

Simple answer
ISSF - if you shot touch's the line of the higher scoring ring, you get the higher value. You don't have to cut the line, just touch.

MLIAC - you need to get half of the shot over the line to get the higher score.

Complicated answer
Leave it to the competition caller, change close shots and let classification jury argue the score.

Best Solution
Just keep it inside the ten ring......easy to score and add up .
GOVTMODEL

Scoring

Post by GOVTMODEL »

All bullet holes are scored according to the highest value of any
target scoring zone or ring that is hit or touched by that bullet hole.
If any part of a higher value scoring ring is touched by a bullet
hole, the shot must be scored the higher value of the two scoring
zones. This is determined by whether the bullet hole or a plug
gauge inserted in the hole touches any part of the outside edge of
the scoring ring.

See http://www.usashooting.org/library/Rule ... AS_GTR.pdf
Rover

Post by Rover »

They'll teach you in a few minutes during the match, since you'll be scoring the guy on your left. Some places use scorers.
bruce em

scoring

Post by bruce em »

A more basic answer would be to first count the shots so as to verify how many could be in clusters. Start at the outer rings and count around the ring. If there is a multishot hole (3 or more) it becomes a judgement call but the benefit goes to the shooter if more shots could have passed undetected. This happen all the time in higher classes but can be sensitive

When all shots are located, start at the right of the scorecard marking down the lowest shots. Proceed to the highest shots 10s or xs written on the left end of the card

Disagreements arise from close shots relative the rings especially if the ring is gone from a previous shot.

Use one overlay to reconstruct the ring and the other to center the shot and determine value.

It is meerly tangent to score the higher value.

Give close calls to the shooter; it helps the mindset of you both and shows good manners. Don't give in on shots that are clearly out.

does that help?
Spencer

Re: scoring

Post by Spencer »

bruce em wrote:... but the benefit goes to the shooter if more shots could have passed undetected...
???
bruce em wrote:... Give close calls to the shooter...
???
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

This is the "Olympic Pistol" forum, right? There is one way to score. The shot either touches the higher value scoring line or it doesn't. End of story!
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

The original post is spam. No one can "search everywhere" and not know how to score a target. The purpose of the post is to get us to click on the link, which I refuse to do.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Freepistol wrote:The original post is spam. No one can "search everywhere" and not know how to score a target. The purpose of the post is to get us to click on the link, which I refuse to do.
I was surprised when I first so the post, but there were no links there. It looks like they were added 2 days later.

The links have now been deleted.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Freepistol wrote:The original post is spam. No one can "search everywhere" and not know how to score a target. The purpose of the post is to get us to click on the link, which I refuse to do.
I was surprised when I first so the post, but there were no links there. It looks like they were added 2 days later.

The links have now been deleted.