Intro

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jeff D

Intro

Post by Jeff D »

Been reading the forum on and off for a few years but just recently registered.

I've been a novice 10m airgun shooter for a few years but have never driven the required distance to a match.

I'm not good, but have always wanted to be. That's really why I signed up... I'm either going to find the encoragement to get better or stick with what I know (which is really feild target). If all else fails .... I have pretty decent stuff and didn't want to try a for sale post in the classifieds without introducing myself.

Honestly, I've really been thinking about selling the high end stuff and sticking with more casual stuff if it's really just just for my own fun.

Time will tell what I end up doing but I really do enjoy reading the forum.

Jeff
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

Jeff,

It all depends on what it is you really want to do. I encourage you to actually go to a match before you get rid of your equipment. This is a great sport and you may just meet some really nice people who will encourage you and help you improve. Don't worry about if you are good or not. Everyone was a beginner at some point.

Now for the other side. You said and I quote: "I'm not good, but have always wanted to be." If you really want to do this and you really want to get "good", get out and go to some matches. Then it is up to you to decide what "good" means to you. "Good" as in one of the best shooters in your local area? "Good" as in the top 10% in the country? "Good" as in National Champion? Olympic Champion? You could potentially be any of those, but the time, effort and financial commitment are VASTLY different!