Canting sights

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

lev

Canting sights

Post by lev »

Hi,

I am new to 10mtr air rifle, I recently bought a Wlather LGR and a few weeks ago I bought the rear sight.

I also practice silhouette and field target with air rifle, in which I shoot with my scope canted.

I think I have seen 10mtr shooters using canting as well, but haven´t found much information about it.

Could anyone tell me if this is all I need to can´t my LGR sights?
http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Ce ... g-745.html
Does it include both accessories to cant both front and rear sight?

Thank you so much for any input you may provide.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Most of the canting rear sights that I have seen just allow the rearsight to rotate about the sight line, so that you do not worry about canting the front sight. Of course with both 10m Air and 50m Smallbore as you are only shooting at one distance so do not need to have the sight vertically above the bore line like you do with FT or Fullbore TR in order to make range changes without adding a horizontal correction. In fact many shooters cant the rifle, especially in the standing position, but do not bother with cantabile sights. you soon get used to what corrections you need to make.

The raiser blocks in the link will allow you to have the rear sight adjusted so that it is vertical, but it will not bring the sight line vertically above the bore. But then you do not need that in ISSF AR or Smallbore events. I don't think you would be able to set things up to allow the vertical alignment of the LoS and Bore Line within the rules, especially for AR.

Alan
lev

Post by lev »

Thank you so much for your answer Al, you just saved me 120lbs.

Best regards,