book [Hämmerli - Pistolen und Revolver]

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

book [Hämmerli - Pistolen und Revolver]

Post by scerir »

Book Tip: "Hämmerli pistols and revolvers"

Just in time for the 150th anniversary of the famous weapon company Hämmerli this year the Swiss author Niklaus U. Schweinfurth brought together all available information on the short arms of the former Swiss company. Because unfortunately were destroyed in 1977 many valuable production records in the fire of the subsidiary company in Waldshut-Tiengen. Starting from the first disc gun with German roots MP about the ODG (Olympia to the model 280) and the revolvers manufactured for the United States and all air - CO2 pistols find collectors and numerous photos, specially customized drawings and spare parts lists and, as far as tangible, and also production numbers and years. Technology and history in unit is alone the over 20-page introduction in the company's history by the former Hall Chief Ferdinand Hediger 29 euro purchase price would be worth - on the roughly 150 pages in A4 format.

To obtain only in German at VS media GmbH in bad EMS

http://www.vsmedien-
shop.de/visier/buecher/waffen/kurzwaffen/4816/haemmerli-pistolen-und-revolver?c=2168

and in other shops under ISBN 987-3-944196-01-5 number

All that translated by Bing!!!
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Except for the fact that it's AFAIK the only book about Hämmerli, and not very expensive, not worth the money. It's far from complete und not really usable as a reference book. Many things are missing, and some details clearly false, which makes one wonder about the statements in it one can't verify. Looking at who is thanked for the contributions, one cannot but wonder why some really savvy people (and therefore all those things that are in their heads) are not mentioned - and my guess is that they were never interviewed. Mr. Schweinfurth basically asked some people he more or less accidentally met about their Hammerli pistols and made drawings of them, as they are, custom grips and everything, instead of looking for "reference" pistols and trying to build a chronology.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

Hm, because I have read (and in some cases edited) an early draft of the book and now posted the announcement, that is has been published, I would like to learn details of the missing models or false details, maybe via e-mail (press@carl-walther.de ) - I haven't got "my" own copy, only the press info yet...

We would then contact the author and ask him to clarify his statements for a possible second edition (which is not in our hands at Walther/Hämmerli).
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Sorry Uli, but I'm not going to help Walther with anything. I don't like their pistols, I don't like their advertising, and I really don't like the way Hämmerli was and is treated.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

That's okay, Tycho, I appreciate this. So I simply disregard your remark about mistakes in that book. To claim "Many things are missing, and some details clearly false" without being able to name them - you must be veerry disappointed about Walther.