Pardini GT45 - has anyone ransom rest tested a stock GT45

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Murph

Pardini GT45 - has anyone ransom rest tested a stock GT45

Post by Murph »

Has anyone taken a stock Pardini GT45, mounted it in a ransom rest (or even just rested on a sandbag) and tested it at 25 or 50 yards? I am considering one for bullseye competitions and need to know if it is as accurate or close than accurized 1911. I need to know if it will shoot a 2" group at 50 off a rest. I use factory Federal GM45b bullseye ammo, 185 gr jacketed semi wad cutter. I am sure there are plenty of "opinions" and experiences, but I am only interested in if the test was done with a Pardini Gt45 off a bag or a ransom rest. I recently shot one and it felt great and was pretty accurate shooting it me handed, but the proof is in the pudding.....what will it do with good ammo mounted in a ransom rest. Well it shoot 2" at 50 yards or 50 meters?
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Mine shoots at least 2" at 50 yards.
There is no grip adapter for the Ransom rest, I have a custom rest I test loads on. At 25 yards it will tear out the X ring.
I would not shoot a 1911, after I bought this pistol.
I removed the grips and replaced with grip tape.
I do not use factory ammo, I reload.
Murph

Post by Murph »

Trooper jake, that is great feedback and good to now. Thanks for that feedback. I hope some more people can share if they have done similar tests like you did. Is your a 5" or 6"?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Do they still make this gun?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

GunRunner wrote:Do they still make this gun?
http://www.pardiniguns.com/store/index.php?cPath=1_9
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Gunrunner
yes it is still made, they offer about 9 configurations.
Contact Pardini in Tampa, FL

Murph
Mine is a 6" model
I wish I could afford the 9mm slide for CF
It has the best trigger for a 45, hands down.
You just have to have a big enough hand to shoot it one handed.
Murph

Jake

Post by Murph »

Trooperjake wrote:Gunrunner
yes it is still made, they offer about 9 configurations.
Contact Pardini in Tampa, FL

Murph
Mine is a 6" model
I wish I could afford the 9mm slide for CF
It has the best trigger for a 45, hands down.
You just have to have a big enough hand to shoot it one handed.
I wonder if a Rink grip or anything aftermarket would slim the grip down a bit. I am a bit on the tall side and have shot a stock one. It did not seem to big, but I wouldn't mind it being a bit thinner. I will have to try someone's with a different grip. Thanks for the feedback. I am gonna buy one tomorrow.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

The Rink grip will not make it thinner.
The stock grip is not that wide.
Murph

Post by Murph »

Trooperjake wrote:The Rink grip will not make it thinner.
The stock grip is not that wide.
If you don't mind Jake, please post a picture of yours......even if the grips are just grip tape. I would like to see it if you don't mind posting it.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Hope this helps,
I don't know how it ended up, upsides down.
Attachments
image.jpg
John C

Post by John C »

Jake;

Would you mind posting a picture of the custom rest you use to test your pistol?

Also, what loads are you using in your pistol? I'm on the hunt for a new load for mine.

Thanks,

-John
tuj

Post by tuj »

I have not randsom-rested my GT-45, but I have shot it off sandbags and off a hy-score pistol rest and it grouped pretty good with match ammo at 50 yards using a 4MOA dot. I think it's an accurate enough gun for the long line. I have a Rink grip on mine and that helps the hold a lot.
Jon Eulette

Pardini .45

Post by Jon Eulette »

If you look at the Pardini advertisement, the .45 group was shot in a barrel test fixture; very nice group (it's a friends barrel). He also broke 2650 shooting the Pardini, but shoots 1911 instead.
Isabel1130

Re: Pardini .45

Post by Isabel1130 »

Jon Eulette wrote:If you look at the Pardini advertisement, the .45 group was shot in a barrel test fixture; very nice group (it's a friends barrel). He also broke 2650 shooting the Pardini, but shoots 1911 instead.
Does Pardini make their own barrels? And if so, which 1911 barrel is it most similar to?

A friend has a Sig Sauer 1911, and I love the gun, but it tends to lead badly with the wadcutters, that run fine in my Kart barrel.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

No idea if they make their own barrel, but if I had to guess I'd say they do based on my trips to some factories in Europe a million years ago. Not sure how it compares to current 1911 barrels. Kart and KKM barrels both will shoot right at 1"to 1-1/4" in a good pistol.
Stephen51861

GT-45 Trigger & grip size

Post by Stephen51861 »

The guys in Tampa are working on an after market trigger for the GT-45. It will allow folks like me to use a standard grip and still be able to properly address the trigger. It should be available later this year. Final testing will be done over the nest two months or so. I can not properly grip the GT45 unless I remove the right hand grip panel and replace it with grip tape. With the test trigger I was easily able to grip the gun with the factory grips and still properly address the trigger. This should open the GT45 market up to many more people. Once it is available I will post again.
sobakavitch

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Stephen
What does it do?
Does it move the trigger to the right, so it is closer to your finger?
Stephen51861

Post by Stephen51861 »

It is basically just a shorter trigger allowing better reach. The trick was to not have the trigger touch the rear of the frame during any part of the trigger pull. The curvature of the trigger is also different. It tends to cradle the trigger finger more. People will either love it or hate it. I don't think there will be many middle of the road people. The shape of the trigger only allows you to place your finger in one spot. Makes for a very repeatable grip / trigger finger positioning. Waiting for the final version to be machined next week. Then testing begins...
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Stephen51861 wrote:It is basically just a shorter trigger allowing better reach. The trick was to not have the trigger touch the rear of the frame during any part of the trigger pull. The curvature of the trigger is also different. It tends to cradle the trigger finger more. People will either love it or hate it. I don't think there will be many middle of the road people. The shape of the trigger only allows you to place your finger in one spot. Makes for a very repeatable grip / trigger finger positioning. Waiting for the final version to be machined next week. Then testing begins...

This could help many shooters quite a bit. I know I struggle with a repeatable grip and trigger finger placement on my 1911. If your shooting is inconsistent, very good sometimes, and horrible other times, grip, amd trigger finger placement are two of the most likely culprits.