Practice vs Real Match

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Rover wrote:Just have your beloved stand behind you at a match. When you shoot any lower than a nine, she administers a sharp slap to the back of your head and hisses, "Schmuck!" in your ear.
However painful, that would come under "...coaching while an athlete is
on the firing line...", forbidden (but the Jury member would need to be able to stop laughing before issuing a yellow/green card) ;-)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

I should think that a felt cleaning pellet administered from the spectator area from a small, low-powered pistol to the buttocks of the 9-shooting idiot would circumnavigate this rule. Not exactly coaching. No wired nor wireless nor direct verbal communication. Just a little 'OUCH!' on the backside now and then to keep you in line. Of course this might upset the RO... but what can you do, a career in AP competition is on the line!
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Gerard wrote:I should think that a felt cleaning pellet administered from the spectator area from a small, low-powered pistol to the buttocks of the 9-shooting idiot would circumnavigate this rule. Not exactly coaching. No wired nor wireless nor direct verbal communication. Just a little 'OUCH!' on the backside now and then to keep you in line. Of course this might upset the RO... but what can you do, a career in AP competition is on the line!
Unfortunately that would be easy for a range officer to spot. A straw with spitballs maybe? Worked 98% of the time in middle-school without getting caught.
Brian
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Brian Lafferty wrote:
Gerard wrote:I should think that a felt cleaning pellet administered from the spectator area from a small, low-powered pistol to the buttocks of the 9-shooting idiot would circumnavigate this rule. Not exactly coaching. No wired nor wireless nor direct verbal communication. Just a little 'OUCH!' on the backside now and then to keep you in line. Of course this might upset the RO... but what can you do, a career in AP competition is on the line!
Unfortunately that would be easy for a range officer to spot. A straw with spitballs maybe? Worked 98% of the time in middle-school without getting caught.
Brian

You guys dont have enough imagination.

A dog shock collar, with the remote cleverly hidden in your loved ones pocket, is the obvious, and ISSF legal solution.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Isabel1130 wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Brian

A dog shock collar, with the remote cleverly hidden in your loved ones pocket, is the obvious, and ISSF legal solution.
Someplace other than a pocket might be more effective for hubby. And with that, I'll end my participation in this thread having significantly contributed to its present direction. lol

Good shooting to all,
Brian
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Brian Lafferty wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Brian

Someplace other than a pocket might be more effective for hubby. And with that, I'll end my participation in this thread having significantly contributed to its present direction. lol

Good shooting to all,
Brian
Brian, I think you missed my point. The remote control, should be hidden in your loved ones pocket or purse.

The actual shock collar can be placed adjacent to what ever part of your anatomy, you find the most "motivating".
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Isabel1130 wrote:A dog shock collar, with the remote cleverly hidden in your loved ones pocket, is the obvious, and ISSF legal solution.
Isabel, you worry me ;-)
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

David Levene wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:A dog shock collar, with the remote cleverly hidden in your loved ones pocket, is the obvious, and ISSF legal solution.
Isabel, you worry me ;-)

You shouldnt. I have trained a male Bull terrier, and you would be amazed what it took to get that dogs undivided attention.

A full power shock collar generated, a little neck scratching on his part. Just an annoying itch.
Rover

Post by Rover »

See, that's why info from the Net is second rate. The shock collar was on the wrong end.

I don't doubt that Conradin would also find this most effective, but I'm afraid the pathetic puppy-like whimpering would prove distracting to the other competitors.

Owooo!!!
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

I have not had a good laugh in a long time, almost spit beer all over my laptop.
Thanks Conradin for starting this excellent thread :)

Clarence

P.S.
Kate, are you serious about the dog ?
I am going to have to keep an eye on you at all times when you are around :)
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

C. Perkins wrote:I have not had a good laugh in a long time, almost spit beer all over my laptop.
Thanks Conradin for starting this excellent thread :)

Clarence

P.S.
Kate, are you serious about the dog ?
I am going to have to keep an eye on you at all times when you are around :)

Actually yes. My daughter's dog. Thankfully, now living with her. I just have a few untrainable cats. Kate
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Isabel1130 wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Brian

Good shooting to all,
Brian
Brian, I think you missed my point. The remote control, should be hidden in your loved ones pocket or purse.

The actual shock collar can be placed adjacent to what ever part of your anatomy, you find the most "motivating".
Right.
jr

Post by jr »

Isabel1130 wrote: A dog shock collar, with the remote cleverly hidden in your loved ones pocket, is the obvious, and ISSF legal solution.

Alas, regrettably, the ISSF has taken that training aid away...

...communication systems are prohibited during competitions and any training, except when they are used by competition officials.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

jr wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote: A dog shock collar, with the remote cleverly hidden in your loved ones pocket, is the obvious, and ISSF legal solution.

Alas, regrettably, the ISSF has taken that training aid away...

...communication systems are prohibited during competitions and any training, except when they are used by competition officials.
Do the ISSF rules define communication.Would have to be a very broad definition. Is the shock communication or negative reinforcement. Hold on while I contact B. F. Skinner on the Ouija Board for an opinion. :)
Rover

Post by Rover »

There IS another way!

Mr. C could hire one of the thugs from his neighborhood that he is so terrified of that he has purchased one of Sen. Feinstein's feared assault rifles to protect himself.

He could instruct said person to "make me your bitch, whenever I fail to perform properly."

I don't know what inducement he might offer for this service.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:There IS another way!

Mr. C could hire one of the thugs from his neighborhood that he is so terrified of ...
I'm terrified because they don't know how to shoot, hence the term "drive by'. It's pretty bad if they intended to shoot the dealer with the bad items and ended up shooting the bakery lady.

I would not trust them to be using the shooting cleaning pellets idea either, they may should the wrong guy...or themselves.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

conradin wrote:
Rover wrote:There IS another way!

Mr. C could hire one of the thugs from his neighborhood that he is so terrified of ...
I'm terrified because they don't know how to shoot, hence the term "drive by'. It's pretty bad if they intended to shoot the dealer with the bad items and ended up shooting the bakery lady.

I would not trust them to be using the shooting cleaning pellets idea either, they may should the wrong guy...or themselves.
Reminds me of a column Jimmy Breslin wrote about the Gotti crew meeting in the back room DeRobertis' (sp?) pastry shop on 1st Ave near 22nd. Good cannoli but the owner had Coke bottles for lens in his glasses his eyes were so bad. He denied any knowledge of the crew meeting in his back room. When asked if he saw them coming and going from his shop he said, "I can hardly see the cannolis. How the hell do I know who's commin and going." Good pastry shop. Stopped there all the time.